Best Buy Verizon S4General

1. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member

I've always gotten my phones directly from Verizon and this is my 1st from Best Buy. My question is how long after official release does Best Buy usually get them in stock? Only reason I'm going through Best Buy is for their protection plan so I can dump Verizon insurance. Plus a $150 dollar gift card I got for my birthday. I preordered from Best Buy on the 1st day they started taking orders.

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

They should have theirs either the day of or a day or two before Verizon stores. At least it was that way for the RAZR and S3. I cancelled my S4 at BB due to no 32GB model. Bummer.
  3. Flyguy94

Thanks rushmore! I was beginning to think nobody has done a Best Buy release :rolleyes:
  4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

my local bestbuy got it in the same day as the att store, so it should be similar for most other carriers
  5. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

How much is Best Buys protection plan these days anyways? I ended up going with Square Trade myself. Less then $7 a month and covers accidental.
  6. Flyguy94

I want to say it was $99.00 a year or slightly higher if you paid monthly. I was thinking about Square trade but I don't think they cover theft, I suppose I should check Best Buy for that as well.
  7. Flyguy94

8. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

BestBuy warranty is $10 a month. I was going to buy my phone from BestBuy just because of their warranty, and how much better it is than at&t, but SquareTrade is running a deal right now with their warranty. It's $100 for 2 years, which is what I got, or $6 a month I believe. I couldn't pass that up
    Canesfan and BRAINZ2013 like this.
  9. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

How is it better to buy from best buy rather then Verizon them selves?
  10. rushmore

No deductible.
  11. GatorfanDroid

No deductible towards what? If your paying full price, is there a better deal?
  12. rushmore

You pay a deductible with Verizon, but none with BB. Catch is BB does not cover for lost or stolen.
  13. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

You got the best and now u can get insurance from outside the carrier and just pay the 100.00 for i think a year or 2 . But u got the best the only thing with best buy they have the geek squad and remember they can run test on the phone so if you root or anything , I would be extra careful caution . No one knows what the squad has under its sleeves. :eek:
  14. erikadyo

erikadyo Member

I work for best buy.... We had the AT&T and sprint s4s three days before it came out, we are expected to have Verizon on time as well.... I work for one of the speciality stores in the mall which is less likely for us to have in stock but we did...... I would Pre order it because all Pre orders go out first to those who did so your more likely to get one saved for you... Also get the protection plan same price as Verizon and UNLIMITED claims and it's FREE every time you need a replacement!
    Flyguy94 likes this.
  15. GatorfanDroid

How much a month is geek plan at best buy? Also how much is out right phone cost at best buy?I'll be paying full price.
  16. erikadyo

erikadyo Member

9.99 per month or 169.99 outright for the 2 years which saves you 70 bucks
  17. GatorfanDroid

Ok great thanks about geek squad plan. I pay that much right now on VZW. I'm checking for price on the full phone with no contract price.
  18. bikeral

bikeral Active Member

Did you deliver pre orders when you received them or wait until the announced release date. In another thread, Verizon has shipped pre orders, and delivery is showing as Tuesday
  19. tachasmo

tachasmo Member

I preordered mine through BBY and I get it on Thursday. One of my friends works in the mobile department and he said they will most likely only get enough phones to satisfy the preorders for the first few days. I would go and preorder it if I were you.
  20. GatorfanDroid

I'm still asking the price for best buy though? but it sounds like 750 is gonna be it for buy out price...
  21. rushmore

BB price matches with Verizon, so if VZW is $650, they will charge the same- If you ask.
  22. Flyguy94

The Best Buy price is 649.00 and they price match according to the sales rep. Rushmore beat me to it
  23. GatorfanDroid

I never knew about price match . Might be worth looking into then when I go there Monday to pre order possible. Chances they might sell out faster if I don't.
  24. rushmore

I do not think it will sell out, since more people than normal seem to be holding out for a 32gb model for this device. That could be enough people to result in stock always at stores. Key word being "could".
  25. bikeral

bikeral Active Member

I was the first at the Daytona Beach Best Buy to preorder. Stopped in today, and was told I could pick it up Wednesday if it comes in on the Tuesday truck if not,not till Friday.