Best Buy Verizon S4General

1. orcsbane13

orcsbane13 Well-Known Member

My local best buy is selling them $100 more than Verizon and will not price match full retail pricing. I would rather buy from them but not for that much more.
  2. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member

I would try a different store. I specifically asked if they would price match it and was told "of course we will".
  3. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

Seriously people are holdin out for the 32gb . Why the hold out? Just go buy a micro sd card and be good. ..
  4. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

So if I don't care about insurance, is there any advantage to BB over the VZW store?
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

That does not help for apps, but I will presume you are joking ;) :)
  6. Flyguy94

Reward zone if you're buying full retail. Other than that I don't see a reason to buy at Best Buy.
  7. Nick The Great

OK, Rewardzone was the only reason I could think of, and that seemed rather silly :smokingsomb:
  8. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Well-Known Member

I also was wondering how buying at best buy works.

If buying an S3 from Best Buy and you have a problem with the phone, can you bring it to any Verizon store and get a "new" (refurbished) one for $50 as usual?
  9. Flyguy94

I have $100 in reward zone point that are going towards the purchase plus get 649 points so to me it's worth it.
  10. GatorfanDroid

So I went into best buy and pre order the s4! Got them to price match VZW price of 650! Plus with a 50 dollar gift card for pre ordering 600 bucks! Such a great deal.

@ orcsbane13 , I would defeanitly try a different best buy as I was able to get my local best buy to price match. It seemed like they would have no problem matching the price from VZW.

Can't wait for Thursday !

I'm sure some of you have the unlimited plan is buying the s4 outright. It's the only logical reason to. 4g at will !
    Flyguy94 likes this.
  11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

The BB.com website has the phones for pre-order for $249.99

I pre-ordered at the store on May 3rd "assuming" that the phone would be $199

I can get the $199 price at Amazon or Wal-Mart online. Will BB match or should I just cancel the pre-order?
  12. Flyguy94

Not sure, I'm doing full retail.
  13. GatorfanDroid

I would call or just drop on in BB if it close. But they should price match it..

My store price matched the full 650 price from vzw. So just try and see.
  14. bikeral

bikeral Active Member

I don't understand BB listing the phone at 249. They have always been competitive with Verizon. I preordered assuming the $199, and will expect them to price match. I have a $50 credit for a program they ran a few months ago, where one signed up for a future purchase, plus my $50 preorder gift card. I fully expect the phone to cost $99 when I pick it up this week, or I will be one unhappy customer.
  15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

I was hoping for the same thing.

I just remembered we still have to pay the damn Verizon upgrade fee. :eviltongue:
  16. The Absolute

The Absolute Well-Known Member

I am thinking about just dropping my BB pre-order and getting it from VZW on release day.

Also, thinking about buying full retail instead of upgrading.
  17. Flyguy94

Same price either location like I said before I'm just doing it for the warranty and reward zone.
  18. The Absolute

Good point...I will try to get them to price match it.
  19. GatorfanDroid

@The Absolute,
    Just stay with BB if they ca price match the 650 from vzw . So much a better deal for there protection plan and service there IMO. I really like vzw 4g service and my unlimited plan.However, the protection plan suck balls. You still gotta pay them 100 bucks extra if your phone breaks and it has to happen by default meaning if you do something to it they won't fix it. BB will fix it more times then they will.

On buying it outright. That is what I am doing. So I can keep my unlimited and jump around the fees etc.
  20. The Absolute

I don't have unlimited anymore but I hate being on contract.
  21. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

If you buy from BBY, then VZW will never swap the phone out if there's a need for that (800 number, not the local store).

If you buy direct from VZW, and suspect a weird problem/bug, there's a "chance" that a manager can swap one out for you (again, 800 number, not local vzw stores). This saved me quite a few times in the past :D

If I buy from BBY, and say, "my bluetooth isn't working right", will they swap it out right then and there for another one without a fee?
  22. GatorfanDroid

Most likely BB will replace it or give you a loaner phone until your phone is fixed if I understand there plan correctly. Plus there won't be a 100 fee like from VZW. I mean crap you pay for a plan and then you gotta pay an extra 100 bucks still. Such bull shit.
  23. Nick The Great

What happens if I buy from BB, and a month later have some issue with the phone and go to VZW? Are they going to tell me to go pound sand?

Assume for the sake of argument that I don't have any extended warranty or insurance through BB.
  24. GatorfanDroid

They might ask for a fee. But I basically believe so that will happen.
  25. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about an add-on plan. This is straight up VZW (800 number) customer service, not asurion or whatever they are called.

@Nick, yes! Actually they will point you to the reseller since you didn't buy from a corp vzw store or their website. :D:D
    Nick The Great likes this.