• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Calendar App?

What's your favorite calendar app? (Note: multiple choice ok)

• Stock, whatever comes with the phone

Votes: 70 17.4%
  • Pure Calendar

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • Calwidget

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Agenda Widget

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • Smooth Calendar

Votes: 25 6.2%
  • QuickCalendarWidget

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pure Calendar

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Pure Grid Calendar

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • S2 Calendar

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Calendar Pad

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • iRT Calendar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pocket Informant

Votes: 25 6.2%
  • Business Calendar

Votes: 57 14.1%
  • Gemini Calendar

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • other

Votes: 27 6.7%
  • PimlicalA

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Jorte

Votes: 90 22.3%
  • Touch Calendar

Votes: 24 6.0%
  • Calengoo

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • Calendar Snooze

Votes: 6 1.5%

• Total voters
Hope so. Have heard the author of DateBk is coming out with android app.

Don't use exchange. Just google. Although this and privacy concerns are starting to make me think twice.

While I was googling about android calendar apps i found plenty of suggestions already on the google forums.

Wow, would love to see a DateBk app for Android!

Please don't make assumptions and dismiss other users just to defend Google. I was a long time PalmOS user and it was all personal use. Having the calendar links to contacts and locations (as well as other useability features) with ease of use as a design philosophy was key to using a PDA efficiently. The android calendar is definitely a step backwards comparing features and capabilities.

If I posted to google forums I'd be singing with the ignored choir. If you searched google forums you would see as I have that many other users find these features to be desireable. How long has android been out? 2+ years? They're long over due and its likely that 3rd party will supply the functionality first.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's perfect, just that it works ok for me. As options with increased functionality arrive I will be more than stoked to try them! I agree, having different areas of the phone link to each other does seem obvious and I look forward to seeing these features in action.

I just introduced the new Weekly view in Pure grid calendar ;)

If you have any remark, let me know... this new view type is currently in beta (currently, events overlapping is not managed).

Scrollable to see multiple weeks ;)

gridcal37.png

This looks beautiful, I might have to give it a try!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. I've got a new(-ish) alternative calendar app to suggest: Touch Calendar.

It's a bit different from other apps because instead of having multiple views and screens the idea is that there's just one screen, that you can scroll around and zoom in and out of, to make browsing a calendar as easy as using Google Maps.

It's in beta at the moment but is fully functional (except for on the X10 and X10 mini, which can't open events from the app) - it's on the market as Touch Calendar Beta.

For more information, check out the Touch Calendar website.

screenshot1.png

Reactions: Yenzehn
Upvote 0
Hi everyone. I've got a new(-ish) alternative calendar app to suggest: Touch Calendar.

It's a bit different from other apps because instead of having multiple views and screens the idea is that there's just one screen, that you can scroll around and zoom in and out of, to make browsing a calendar as easy as using Google Maps.

It's in beta at the moment but is fully functional (except for on the X10 and X10 mini, which can't open events from the app) - it's on the market as Touch Calendar Beta.

screenshot1.png

That looks pretty neat. Any plans to support multi-touch?

Upvote 0

screenshot1.png

Oliver,

Great app. Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
i love jorte, using it on desire. Been trying to sync it with a google calendar but I just cannot get it to work. I have it set as google calendar in jorte, in my desire settings i have background data and auto sync set. both have the correct google calendar info to sync to.

very stuck, any idea what else to do, or what i've done wrong?????

Upvote 0
hi guys,im pretty new at android and I need a good calendar which showes me the appointments the date and clock on the homescreen.
So I have donwloaded agenda widget with gtasks,BUT it doesnt show the clock of the appointment.I dont want to root my phone,because of warranty and since I live in sweden I dont have the option to pay for apps which sucks.So I need an calendar app which gives me info about when the appointment is and several appointments on that date and that it has 1week showing in homescreen.Ive tried several apps,smooth calendar,but that one took to much space just for 1day.

help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
hi guys,im pretty new at android and I need a good calendar which showes me the appointments the date and clock on the homescreen.
So I have donwloaded agenda widget with gtasks,BUT it doesnt show the clock of the appointment.I dont want to root my phone,because of warranty and since I live in sweden I dont have the option to pay for apps which sucks.So I need an calendar app which gives me info about when the appointment is and several appointments on that date and that it has 1week showing in homescreen.Ive tried several apps,smooth calendar,but that one took to much space just for 1day.

help is much appreciated.

The stock android calendar widget has been perfect for me.

Upvote 0

screenshot1.png

If that had a fullscreen widget, I would try it out without a doubt, looks great!

Been looking for a good mixture of monthly view + agenda.

Upvote 0
... In my experience the Google Calendar has been overall pretty darn sufficient to keep track of business meetings, BNI one-to-ones, personal events like concerts, birthdays, social engagements, etc. ...

Forgive me if I am mistaken about how Google Calendar works, but don't you need to have an internet connection to make/view appointments on Google Calendar?

Doesn't the calendar reside online?

I need a calendar that resides on my phone all the time so I can refer to it *without* an internet connection.

TIA

Upvote 0
Forgive me if I am mistaken about how Google Calendar works, but don't you need to have an internet connection to make/view appointments on Google Calendar?

Doesn't the calendar reside online?

I need a calendar that resides on my phone all the time so I can refer to it *without* an internet connection.

TIA

The main google calendar resides on the internet but the phone downloads all the info and stores it locally, if that makes sense? So if you don't have a connection and you use the phone itself to create and edit all of your appointments, this shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0
Hope so. Have heard the author of DateBk is coming out with android app.
Hopefully this will be soon. CESD, the developer of Datebk6 and Pimlical, is reported to have a Droid and given his silence on various lists, seems to be hard at work on Pimlical (Datebk6's future) for the Android market. Datebk6 is a dealbreaker for me, the only reason I purchased the Captivate was because this Pimlical program is supposedly imminent. My complicated schedule just can't be 'simpled' down to any of these other calender/scheduler apps.

Upvote 0
I tried the Touch Calendar Beta,but it doesnt have the option to been selected as a widget on the homescreen,just a shortcut.anony chance it will be like that?

I'd like to add a widget to Touch Calendar, but it would have to be different to the main app because widgets generally don't allow scrolling, whereas Touch Calendar is all about scrolling. So it'll be difficult to keep the concept for the app in a widget.

Upvote 0
just downloaded this calendar app based on reviews, etc. When I follow instructions and try to display on phone it tells me there is not enough room on my home page - even with the smallest size 2x2. Is there something else that I need to do. The goal is to enhance (colors, font) the phone calendar which I sync to my Google calendar. Thanks

Upvote 0
I've tried Agenda Widget and Jorte and the original calendar, along with each of the gtask apps, and none of them do everything I want reliably.

Jorte looks good in its monthly and weekly views, and does allow you to sync with google tasks, but I've found that synching unreliable. For example, I keep seeing one of the tasks I've already completed. I don't see it in either gtasks or google calendar. If that were working, I'd be tempted to use it with the regular calendar widget (so I can call up an individual day, though I may decide that the agenda view is sufficient.)

Agenda Widget works pretty well, and does sync with each of the gtask apps. Maybe I'll go back to that, but I was attracted by the look of Jorte, and what appeared to be its ability to include google tasks.

I'm also a former Treo user who is surprised that its old calendar worked so much better -- just didn't sync with google calendar.

I keep checking to see if someone solves this, and until then will be forcing these various apps to work well enough that I don't miss any meetings.

Jerry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones