best caller ID appSupport

1. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

Was curious what you prefer to use as Caller ID on your phone... obviously not City ID that cames on the phone. Thanx!

Advertisement
  2. ashorty

ashorty Active Member

Speech alert. You can find in market
  3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

mr number caller id.... but none work well on our devices bc we cant use data and talk at the same time
  4. moosc

moosc Well-Known Member

city ID is what works for me....
  5. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Reverse Lookup (for use AFTER calls) works great and for during calls?

If you look around, you can find something that works just as well as City ID for free ;)
  6. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member

+1, i never had an issue with it and it works well.

not sure what all the other drama queens are complaining about:p
  7. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

B
    +2

what is wrong with stock caller id app?
  8. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

The problem is that City ID isn't stock. It's a third party paid app that costs three dollars a month to use.

Personally, I'd give City Caller ID a try first. As the devs of that program were sued and had to remove it from the market, I'll err on the side of not posting the link to the .apk here. However, if you go to Droid Incredible Themes and Apps - xda-developers, you'll find a thread pertaining to it posted on the first page.
    Skipdawg and JBlox like this.
  9. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why we have to pay for this feature. My old flip phone, a Samsung Gleam, would natively (and for free) identify the caller by voice (usually say something like ""Mobile One Liz," meaning the first cell phone number for my contact named Liz). It would also identify the city of unknown numbers, just like CityID advertises for a monthly fee! Upgrading to a Dinc has been a step forward in almost every aspect except for this one, in which it is a step back.
  10. najaboy

Please see the post above yours for a free alternative which negates the "step back" and thusly restores harmony to the universe.
    Ovy likes this.
  11. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

thanks, i've downloaded it. i'm sure i'll get around to testing it.

I'm still missing the caller id speech feature though. :-(
  12. najaboy

I forget the name, but there is an app in the market for that, too.
  13. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I like the white pages app
  14. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Simple: One company owns the rights to the technology (and sues everybody else.)

They do license it to some HW providers and do offer it to end users for a fee.
  15. liumar2011

liumar2011 New Member

I don't like white pages. They have an old graphic, like the first android on the mRKET. they should update the interface!
  16. Gardoglee

Gardoglee New Member

There seems to be some confusion here. My phone will display or speak when the caller is in my contact list. What I want is the best application for displaying or speaking (sometimes I want one, sometimes the other, preferably controlled by the same control as I use from the pulldown for the ring/vibrate) caller ID data for callers who are not in my contact list.
  17. Altvs122

Altvs122 New Member

Before i was using Mr NUmber and it would always give me the names of the unknown phone numbers...now i guess they have changed mr number and it does not show the names of the # i do not know.What other app is a good one for phone number you do not know????