• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best car deck?

Bose is a mediocre at a premium price, and I don't think they make aftermarket car decks anyways.

With car decks you're not going to see a great difference in quality. What's best mostly depends on what your budget is, what features you want/need and how flashy you want it to look. The deck you have a link to seems a bit expensive for the features it has, check out some of the Kenwoods, they tend to be a pretty good value.

Upvote 0
These guys are saying Kenwood, I'm not sure I agree. I just bought my first Kenwood, after owning just about every other brand made at some point, and I think that the Kenwood is garbage. It is less than 6 months old, and half of the pixels in the screen are not working. It is also not very intuitive to navigate through the menus. It will not read my phone as a usb drive when I mount the sd card either, and that was half the reason I got it. The Bluetooth built in hasn't ever worked correctly, nor has the Mic.

I have owned many different decks over the years, and I would not get a Kenwood if I was you. I have had great luck with Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion, and JVC. If I was to replace my deck right now, it would be with one of these brands I just mentioned.

Upvote 0
I have this and love it:
389_1lg.jpg

Alpine iDA-X305

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones