Best case for droid eris?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. MariposaNegra17

MariposaNegra17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my eris yesterday and was wondering which case would be best?

Thank you!:D

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Seidio Innocase II, grab it on amazon with a holster combo pack and save some money while you are at it. I have an extra case just in case i need it down the road. I have the black one my wife has the pink one. They are perfect.

3. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Get the holster/case from Verizon.

4. Saltedpeanut

Saltedpeanut Active Member

I have the otterbox commuter series and it's awesome. Newegg has it for around $23 shipped.

5. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

Get the innocase :cool:
    Highly recommended

6. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

7. smacky

smacky Banned

Or...you could go without a case. It isn't a must. I've gone without a case and my original Eris from November is immaculate, save for the speaker paint rubbing off a bit. That can't be prevented, though.

But if you want a case, listen to these guys. But the phone can be kept without a case and be fine.

8. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

The holster from seidio is great, you can place the phone in either direction (facing forward or backward) and it fits with the innocase on the phone. However you do have to buy the holster that will work with the innocase on it, but like i said earlier buy the combo pack from amazon, they ship quickly and last i checked they had the best price and were instock. I ordered the holster from seidio's store about 10 days ago and got an email on friday this last week stating it was on backorder. So i cancelled the order with them (very kind of them to do so) and bought the combo pack on amazon on saturday. I got 2nd day shipping for only 2.99 with amazon prime and it showed up tuesday morning via UPS.

9. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

+1

Bought it, love it. Combo is a must. I put the holster on my visor and use speakerphone while driving, clip it to my waistband while running, etc.
    Looks slick, nice and slim, pockets well, has protected from drops well.

10. Thedarksunlight

Thedarksunlight Well-Known Member

11. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member

This is what I use. It is great and ultra cheap! Here is where you can find all sorts of great accessories for the ERIS and other devices for ultra cheap. I also purchased this clear snap-on cover and it rocks too.

This website ships direct from China, so it takes about 7 business days to receive your order and they do not give you a tracking #. Don't worry though, trust me, I have ordered from them several times and always receive my purchases through US Post in about 7 business days. Nice products and great prices. Check it out! :cool:

12. NCHornet

NCHornet Well-Known Member

+1 for the Otterbox from Newegg.com

13. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I have had the verizon shell and holster, otterbox commuter, and the innocase.

I am big on holsters, so that kinda shot down the otterbox automatically. It is a very nice, well made case, but no holster, and the outer hard plastic makes the phone a bit slippery.

I am using the innocase with holster now, great look and feel, solid, i dare say more protection then the otterbox. The spring clip holster takes a bit to get used to but it does it's job very well....I definitely recommend.

I was using the Verizon shell and holster, it was great as well, good and grippy, very easy to put into holster and retrieve, all that. After it being snagged on a few objects around the office and house whilst clipped to my pocket though it did slightly tear the plastic on the holster right above the wings that hold the phone in. It still works, but is getting a little loose.

hth, fwiw, ymmv, etc, etc

14. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I got this case off of ebay. It was about $10 with free shipping. It is a black leather case that is open on the top and you can put your Eris in frontwards or backwards and clips onto belt or waistband. It is a little tight and hard (that's what she said) to pull the phone from at times but there is no way it will fall out. I imagine it will loosen up in time to (that's what she said). I used a rubber cover for my eris for months but recently am enjoying using it naked except for this holster.

Cellet® Products :: Chargers, Cases, Proguards, Charms, Skins

15. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I don't think that this is useful for you but I am still using the Verizon holster that was made for my Voyager. It has held my Voyager, my Omnia, and now my Eris. Great case that has plenty of life left into it. Like Caddy said, it can snag on things like the door jam when I get into my truck. You learn that it's there and adapt.