Best case for note 2?Tips

1. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Thank you for that. I don't recall seeing any post where the case was completely disassembled.
  2. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

This thread made me want to try out some cases. I usually go for zagg type body shields but im not looking to put my phone away for 12 hours to dry lol.

I ordered the incipio LGND and if that doesn't work out then ill try the seidio surface. Ive had the surface for a prior phone and the lgnd for a tablet and i liked them both. If neither one does it im just going with a skin. Id go all natural but this phone is ridiculously slippery.
  3. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

I got the seidio active case, had to sell my kidney for it since it cost me $58 even from Amazon but it's the best darn case i have seen. Very thin yet still provides 2 layers of protection. Plus it's got a nifty kick stand which i gotta admit does feel a wee bit flimsy but not flimsy enough to break off, just feels like it won't last 2 years. Otherwise amazing case, got it with the holster which is perfectly sized for a not too tight grip on the note 2 letting you easily pull it out and pop it back in yet it's secure enough that you could be doing gangnam style and your note 2 wouldn't even slip out a tiny bit from the holster.
  4. acura9927

acura9927 Active Member

Here is pics from my 8 dollar shipped case from ebay
    [​IMG]Black Hybrid Hard TPU Case Cover Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 | eBay

The stand is CHEAP and does not go back in the case without a 2nd effort.
    The volume buttons are a pain and do not make make it easy to use

The case material is halfway decent.
    I would say if you are flat broke get this otherwise, its like a band aid till you can get a first class case. In face I am already shopping for a case with a stand right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    twister6 likes this.
  5. acura9927

acura9927 Active Member

Well the stand works fine now, took 30 to 4o clicks to break it in.

The volume buttons are next for me to get use to.
  6. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Thanks for this review/feedback, I crossed it out of my list. The rugged hybrid case I got off eBay (review in previous posts) working very good so far. I also ordered perforated hybrid hard case as an alternative (w/o kickstand), and was also looking at the one you pointed out (but not anymore). I will review perforated hybrid case as soon as I get it, which should be early next week.
  7. acura9927

acura9927 Active Member

This is a total fail, I went to work and the headphone plug area is too small for my headphone plug. This is going in the garbage.
  8. acura9927

acura9927 Active Member

Does the Defender have a big enough in the headphone slot for full size a full size headphone plug?
  9. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

I believe it does.

When I was using the auxilary cable with my phone in the defender case, the cable had sort of a "fat head" so I had to use a little effort to push it in, but it fit.
    acura9927 likes this.
  10. acura9927

acura9927 Active Member

Thanks I just ordered the Defender. Might as well buy the best and be done with it.
  11. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong w otterbox. I purchased the commuter and it didn't add a lot of bulk to the phone at all. Screen protector doesn't interfere w touch at all. Very pleased overall
  12. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Well-Known Member

13. ldm726

ldm726 Member

I tried this case but it leaves stitch marks in my invisi-shield screen protector, I got rid of it.

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x649 and weights 62KB.[​IMG]
  14. ScandaLeX

That's the same case many of us bought. I ended up giving mine away, it was too uncomfortable to hold.
  15. ldm726

ldm726 Member

I tried this one and it puts stitching prints in my invisi-shield screen protector...I got rid of it...
  16. MiXoLoGiSt

Which one?
  17. ScandaLeX

Bear Motion, SupCase, Moko and a few others all sell the exact same case on eBay and Amazon.
  18. Zatx

Zatx Well-Known Member

I've had hundreds of cases over the years. The Otterbox Commuter I just received for my Note 2 is hands down the best I have ever had.
  19. MiXoLoGiSt

Oh ok I thought you were talking about the Speck Candyshell.
  20. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Can't you make the hole bigger/wider? Take a tip of a sharp pointy knife and scrape it in a circular motion. Of course you can use a dremel tool or drill as well ;)
  21. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Just wondering, any stores sell Otterbox or Seidio cases to try it out?
  22. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

Yes Sprint is the only store in my area that sold them and I went to every carrier store and three different Sprint stores before getting a commuter
  23. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

I always find them at radio Shack
  24. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

For those who are on a budget and want Seidio *Surface* combo (sold from Seidio for $55), you can get it from Best Buy under their rebranded "Platinum Series" line for $35 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Platinu...uId=7175042&st=note 2&cp=1&lp=13#BVRRWidgetID

The only thing kind of strange was reading 2 comments on BB where someone mentioned holster being too tight to the point where it damaged screen protector and magnet holding kick stand was messing up the phone. But either way, you can always get it at the store and try it out.
  25. Average_Joe

Average_Joe New Member

Did i read that The Otterbox Commuter case fits really good in the Seidio Active holster. Has anyone tried?

I work with someone with the defender and it is huge. The Commuter is smaller but has no holster. What was Otterbox thinking.

I might try the Seidio Active combo on my belt. :rolleyes:

Totally love the Note 2 after having the Thunderbolt for two years