Best Case For Optimus VTips

Last Updated:

1. joliver-ad

joliver-ad New Member

Advertisement
  2. MrTweaker

MrTweaker Well-Known Member

Tempted to get the Otterbox, but the body glove with clip is working very well. Bulky but feels protective from the bulk and I like the bumpy, grippy surface.
  3. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

4. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

The Body Glove case has a hard plastic coin slot in the corner which makes it quick to remove without damage elsewhere.
    jj2me likes this.
  5. KentInPhilly

KentInPhilly Well-Known Member

6. DCBlueStar

DCBlueStar Well-Known Member

I got a two piece snap carbon fiber case. It's nice. Haven't dropped the phone yet (;)) so I can't tell you if it'll split apart or not.

Plus it looks cool and it feels soooooper nice.
  7. makinbiscuits

makinbiscuits Member

8. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

Thanks. But you have the two-piece with clip. I keep my phone in my pocket, so wouldn't want the clip model, but rather would be looking at the Body Glove one-piece "Entrepeneur" model, which would have different removal characteristics (how and how easy).

Anyone else have experience with a slim Optimus hard case that's easy to put on and take off?
  9. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

The Entrepreneur is slimmer than the normal case from the reports I've seen. The normal BG case comes with a button that can be replaced with a smooth back insert as well. As a further FYI, some Radio Shack have the Optimus S Entrepreneur series as a stock item.

Amazon.com: Body Glove Entrepreneur Snap-On Case for LG Optimus S LS670: Electronics
  10. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

From that Amazon.com page:

and the first Customer review:

Having said that, I can't tell if it's hard to remove or not. But the two Customer reviews weren't enthusiastic about the missing protection due to it's being one piece (which can be seen in a customer pic on that page).
  11. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

My mistake...you're right...I looked at that and thought the front and back pictures were two pieces...but it's really just a back shell, it appears.
  12. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

Thanks, you've helped me a lot in your posts. The Otterbox also doesn't look like an easy-off design. Guess I'll stick with eBay hard cases--maybe I just took it off wrong the first time, as it looks like it also has a coin slot (unless I gouged out that slot myself).
  13. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

I try hard to get them all right...but I was thinking about a description I'd read weeks ago of the Entrepreneur series and didn't check it back out well enough...now I/we know.
  14. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

The B.G. entrepreneur is not a very good choice because it's a one piece that only protects the back and sides not the front of the phone.I bought it when I got the phone about 2 weeks ago cause it was the only one that Radio Shack had.Then I ordered a 2 piece plastic snap on from Amazon,And I must say that I really like the all around protection from the 2 piece plastic snap on one.:D
    jj2me likes this.
  15. roym6

roym6 Well-Known Member

For the case -two part case preferably black or blue but not silicon
    can you use optimus s protectors because i heard they were perfectly fitting?
  16. dEris

dEris Well-Known Member

prrep likes this.
  17. Japanorama

Japanorama Well-Known Member

18. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

How can they possibly sell all that for $7 including shipping?:confused:
  19. musick

musick Well-Known Member

Gotta love the 3rd worlds.

Ive tried 3 cases and must say bareback is how I roll, minus the screen protector.

I like this one:
    Amazon.com: 5x LG Optimus S LS670 Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Shield Cover Guard Film Kit, no cutting is required! Exact fit and satisfaction guaranteed!: Cell Phones & Accessories

About 1mm short on height and 0.5mm short on the width, a tiny bit more drag than a naked screen, but well worth the price.
  20. Japanorama

Japanorama Well-Known Member

21. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

It feels like the glass to me. No difference I could detect. With invisibleShield, my fingers drag, and my taps don't register as well as naked glass or this screen protector.

Here is a good installation video. Using those instructions, I got my first bubble-free installation ever (in at least 20 applications). It helped that this screen protector comes with light plastic protectors on front and back, and that they each have tabs, so I managed to not touch the sticky side. Also, going long side to long side like in the video seemed to make it easier, as did the slightly smaller size of the screen protector.

I love this combo, especially once I figured out a trick in removing the case: after prying the front part a little off at the coin opening, stretch the thinner sides away to get them loose.
  22. xaborus

xaborus New Member

23. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

I bought a black OtterBox for the V off eBay and it was delivered in three days! Only problem, they sent me a PINK OtterBox for an IPhone 4!! :mad:

I haven't received a reply to my email yet. Whoever works in their shipping dept must be on drugs. :eek:
  24. DBNissan

DBNissan Well-Known Member

I preordered and received the Otterbox. It's nice and easy to install and remove.