Best case for the Galaxy S?Tips

Last Updated:

1. the-dude

the-dude Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if you could help me find the best case for my Galaxy S. Here's what I had in mind:

1) I'd like it to be of a rubbery material, because I don't want to risk breaking the phone in case I drop it on the floor.

2) I'd like the material to have some thickness to it. I don't mind the extra bulk as long as my phone's protected.

3) It'd be nice if the case's screen borders were somewhat higher than the screen (something like 3mm) just in case my phone falls face down. To me this is a very important thing

4) My phone has the retractable TV antenna so it'd be nice if the case was open on the corner. This is the most difficult thing to find as most variations of the Galaxy S don't have such a thing.

5) Must ship to Brazil. :)

I did come across Zenus, which seemed good but from the pictures I've seen it looks like the screen's borders are virtually flat, so they give you no protection if your phone falls face down. Could this be just an impression from the picture, or is it really like that? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member

Just to let you know any case that you buy that goes right around the edges is going to give you 2-3mm clearance you're looking for.

the-dude likes this.
  3. Killer Rabbit

Killer Rabbit New Member

I use the SGP Case. I think it pretty much fits your requirements, but I'm not sure about shipping to Brazil.

the-dude likes this.
  4. the-dude

the-dude Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you so much! I've just ordered one. Too bad they didn't have a black one in stock. I went with the red one, though I'm not a big fan of colored cases.

I paid through my nose for shipping but at least they do ship overseas. :)

5. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member

The SGP Case looks very nice!
    I wonder what the profit margins are like for a piece of rubber like that?
    Selling for $19.99, probably costs less than $1.00 to produce. :)