Best Case?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. VSpike915

VSpike915 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a question, and it's bothering me. How come Apple has so many cases for the iPhone and the EVO has all of 3 "official" ones. I'm wondering when Skullcandy and Belkin and the rest might make an EVO case?

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

maybe when millions of Evos have sold.... ;)

3. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

Two words: Market share

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Because Evo antennae work and half the iP4s out there have bumpers, not cases.

5. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

I think there are more then 3 official cases.

I have the white and "chrome" case, bought from Sprint. I think its the best functional case because the camera lens does not touch anything when I lay the phone down. I know many people either love our hate this case, and I do wish it came in other colors our finishes, but I like it, it works good for me, 3+ months of use and the white is not dirty and I have no scratches on my phone or case.

6. VSpike915

VSpike915 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I loved mine too. Problem you ask? I put it in my suit coat pocket and took it out and it was all black from the dye on the suit. Took it to sprint and they gave me the black silicone case instead. It's ok, just not amazing

7. KevD47

KevD47 New Member

Lovin' my Otter Box Commuter series (bought it at the Sprint store)

8. KevD47

KevD47 New Member

In my mind, you've identified a tough situation with Android. Apple sells one design of the iPhone, while there are several different shapes, sizes, and brands of Android phones. How tough is it for a company to set up a mold for one design (iPhone) and crank out hundreds of thousands, hoping to get only a peice of the market share of cases, and laugh all the way to the bank? For Android, each handset design may *only* :) sell a hundred or two thousand units. The juice isn't worth the squeeze for many of these small companies to standardize on an Evo for example. It is for some, but not for as many...hence less cases to choose from for each Android handset. Same goes for car docks, mini-speaker docks, fill in the blank accessory that fits snugly around the shape of a particular handset...