1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

BEST CFW for 2.3.6Support

Last Updated:

1. prataptetali

prataptetali Member This Topic's Starter

Hello dear friends ,

I am new to this forum and please excuse me if this is a repost. i want to root my device and install the best and stable ICS CFW. i am not knowing which one to install . can anyone advise me on this ? explaining me different features about each CFW . the pros and cons of each . i am using GT - N7000 galaxy note on gingerbread 2.3.6 and i never rooted it or did anything with it till now .i want to use S MEMO with CFW . and i heard that some features doesnt work in some firmwares . i want to have all features with a best and stable CFW. can any one guide me on this ? and give me a tutorial how to do this ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

my kernel version is 2.6.35.7-N7000XXLA1-CL868264 and
    Build number : GINGERBREAD.XXLA1

i also tried to install the official ICS from samsung kies but i am getting an error that this device does not support upgrading with kies . i want to have ICS on my device . be it an official or CFW. can anyone tell me if there is any manual way to flash my device with official ICS firmware ?

please kindly help me . thanks a lot . i am waiting for your replies and help .

download.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Eluviet

Eluviet Well-Known Member

Am guessing you're from India? If so Dont update to ICS just yet. You need to get a safe kernel flashed and then proceed.

3. prataptetali

prataptetali Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply brow.I manually flashed my device with official ics firmware using odin software..now using is with no problems. Thanks for ur time.

4. Eluviet

Eluviet Well-Known Member

Have you checked your kernel for the Brick Bug?