Best charger ?Tips

1. Zolo185

Zolo185 Well-Known Member Contributor

What some of the best chargers for our phone? I want a car charger that will rapidly charge my battery on my daily commute, also an at home charger that will charge the phone faster (obviously) or have an at home charger that will help with battery life. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Advertisement
  2. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You can't speed up home charging as it's based on your electricity supply.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Faster than the charger which came with your phone? :)

Harry
  5. stephen65

stephen65 Well-Known Member

My previous Droid X2 would fully charge from about 60% to full in around 45 minutes or less. My new S3 took about an hour and a half last night to charge from 68%. The first night I had it it took over two hours to charge from 42%.

Does that sound about right? I've only had it since Monday so I'm still trying to figure out all it's quirks.
  6. SUroot

Yeah probably. I find it charges pretty quickly.

Don't forget your x2 battery was only 70% of the capacity too...
    stephen65 likes this.
  7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You'd use a battery app like 'Battery Monitor Widget' that shows you the charging by time in a graph.

So you'd see, charging isn't linear by time. Charging from 20% to 70% will take the same time than 70% to 100%

Harry
    stephen65 likes this.
  8. Zolo185

Yeah just something that i can quickly charge my phone before going out or something. I was thinking about buying a case that charges the phone on the go. But im trying to stay away from extended batteries cuz of their bulky-ness ( even tho im rocking the Otterbox Defender case)
  9. SUroot

Which s3 have you got? Are you rooted?
  10. Zolo185

SCH-R530M (metro pcs) Yes i am rooted and i'm on Carbon rom . it has JB 4.2.2
  11. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

I would be worried about damaging the battery if you try to charge a battery faster than the OEM charger provides.
    Zolo185 likes this.
  12. SUroot

Input current is the sum of device load and charging load. To avoid deterioration, never exceed 0.7 columb which for our 2100mAh battery is 1470mA

Defaults are:

Usb 2 - 500mA
    Usb 3 - 900mA
    AC - 1000mA

There are custom kernels on the gt-i9300 that will allow this to be increased (I've used 1200 myself) but for this model I'm not sure
    Harry2 likes this.
  13. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Anything that is at least 12 bucks imo and experience. You get what you pay for as far as chargers go. Don't go cheapo!
    Zolo185 likes this.