Best cheapest/older Android phone?

Last Updated:

1. JccageX2

JccageX2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I just sold my GW620 (LG Intouchmax) and have a little bit extra money to spare, and I was wondering, what's the best Android phone you can get for around 80 - 110 pounds?

I'm looking at the Galaxy Portal, I've already had the Dream G1 and HTC Hero G2.

I've also looked at the T-Mobile pulse.

So any suggestions please?

Advertisement
  2. RichieHD

RichieHD Well-Known Member

Pounds? Portal? You're deff. from across the pond. Hello friend! :) It looks like it's an 800mhz processor running 2.1. Get it if you can!

*UPDATED AFTER RESEARCH*

3. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Droid 1 would be a good bet in my opinion.

4. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

The HTC Hero is still a great phone, It just looks a bit dated compared to the current ones, but actually there's not a huge difference in capability.

5. mdeamicis

mdeamicis Well-Known Member

I am starting to see used droid 1 on craigslist.com for less than $200. But that is only a good deal if it comes with the sd card and synk cabe/charger. This would get you on the best network in america so you get to always conect and never drop calls without a 2 year contract and then ypu can upgarade cheap in less than a year when gigerbread comes out. If you think any of the androids that have hit lately are badass, just wait for a phone built for and running gingerbread. And lets not forget about the qualcom 1.5 gig dual core processors that shkipped in may. I cant wait to see the "htc" beasts sporting those.

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Droid would be great, but if your not from the US, unlikely it would work for you. Hero is still a decent phone and can be had cheap.

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The Hero is a great first generation Android phone.

dolmen likes this.
  8. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

I also agree with the Hero suggestions. The Eris I have is a variation on the Hero, and it's quite capable of doing pretty much everything the newer phones do. If you rooted and overclocked it a bit it'll be quick enough to run just about everything. Just don't expect to run the more advanced games well.