Best Clock and Weather Widget

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2013-02-03 03:00:25
  1. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets was updated today and the new weather animations load much much faster now. Easily number one now

Advertisement
  2. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Read somewhere else that this app/widget will use your GPS to locate, but you can change this in the app settings.
  3. aeangus

aeangus New Member

I find Animated Weather generally gets the weather wrong (showed as raining on a 36 degree, clear day), has problems with the date (started showing weather for April and wouldn't show today until the location was reset) and shows the moon during the day and sun at night.

Just purchased Beautiful Widgets after the recommendations here. :)
  4. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets is also skinnable. In fact, Weather Widget STOLE a LOT of skins from Beautiful Widget. So obvious and egregious, it was sickening. WW was hurting for users while BW was smoking them. So, they up and stole skins. I would NOT endorse WW for anything. They're crooks, and from what I've read in their feedback and in other forums, their widget is buggy.

BW is by far the better widget. It's got skins, got great animation, is updated regularly and is about to release compatibility to Honeycomb tablets. Nothing beats BW. I have no connection to the developer (I think he's in France), but he's been really good about updates. I remember when I was using Touiteur (before I uninstalled it), he was really quick about bringing updates and features. I can't say that about WW, again, as I've heard, nagging lengths of time before updates (and that's if he updates at all).
  5. BWDscott

BWDscott Member

I like the Retro Clock widget for time and date... they look like those old flip-type clocks of the 70's.

Weatherbug Elite ($2-3) has been a great weather service for me as a scuba diver keeping track of multiple dive destinations. It has been very accurate.
  6. feel2ondah

feel2ondah New Member

Check out the "TikTokVu" clock widget on the market.
    It displays the time in a different and sophisticated way.
  7. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member

I find "Goweather" to be the best.
  8. nonoapple

nonoapple Well-Known Member

if you have cm7, i'd have to say the Honeycomb full themechooser....even comes with the actual honey clock. feels exactly like it.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

A weather widget which has XilinHot on it, so far I've found non.
  10. Just got BWW, and I have to say, I love it. I really like the beautiful super clock... I like the beautiful home also, but parts of it blend in with my background. Currently looking for a way to put a small border around the text so that I can use home instead of super clock
  11. awilson77584

awilson77584 Member

Is it possible to have a weather view that occupies one of my scrollable screens? I use the Go Launcher EX. It seems when the weather widget is up I can't flip to another screen. I have the google search and calendar on one screen and it let's me flip to new screens. I am running 2.3.4 on an Evo 4G.

Thanks!
  12. Craigboy

Craigboy Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of a good weather widget that does not have a clock attached to it?

I love the new HTC weather widget, but I like to use LPP+ launcher and not sense, but that widget is not available unless you are running sense.

I'm looking for a full screen widget with no clock - does anyone know of any?

PS - I'm on a Thunderbolt running Bamf
  13. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

BeWeather can be set with or without a clock ;) IMO it is the best weather app to date.
  14. lordmallam

lordmallam New Member

check out clock 29 on the android market...
    it speaks for itself. it is really cool. 4x2 widgets, Even has the text format of time date battery and counts in seconds too.
    it is also highly customisable. CHECK IT OUT....Clock 29
  15. Guinness418

Guinness418 New Member

Is there a weather (with or without clock) widget where the widget itself is animated? I do not mind paying for it if need be but everyone I found does not animate till you click on it and go into the program. I've tried the free versions of a few of the ones mentioned but most of them are locked up and I do not want to purchase them only to find they don't do what I want. Also aware of the ones that make the live wallpaper show the actual weather. Not looking for that either. Thanks again.
  16. Nolo Contendere

Nolo Contendere New Member

Wow,

Great weather and clock app. Thanks for the tip!
  17. LindaS

LindaS New Member

I've tried downloading the clock/weather widgets:( similar to the one I had on my HTC Thunderbolt which I loved...can't get any to give me a current date/time on my Android X2
  18. pmduque

pmduque New Member

19. RacerXX

RacerXX New Member

Check out Elecont "Weather, Clock, Radar, Alerts, Quakes, ...". I tried a few weather apps and this one had most of the additional "stuff" I was looking for: Clock, Precip, Moon phase, Earthquakes, Geo-storms, etc. It's also got a few widgets included.

Haven't been using it long so can't speak to its' stability, although so far it's been good. Based on the available settings, the developer seems pretty thorough.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.Elecont.WeatherClock
  20. bmistry

bmistry New Member

21. brunettesrule

brunettesrule New Member

Hi, Just got my Samsung Galaxy SII after 4 years with original iphone.

I want a weather app (FREE) that just shows the australian temperature and a pic of sunshine, rain etc.

There are over a 100 to choose from, any suggestions?:confused:
  22. amoralis

amoralis Member

Does anyone know a widget, that updates weather per location, as phone moves?

I had a best ever weather widget "Weather and clock 3D", built into my old ViewSonic v350 (dual sim), but I'm not able to locate this widget apart.
    It has beautiful 3D animation of both, clock and weather, updates location automatically, possible to add new locations manually - basically it's all there.
    Anyone knows where to get the APK? :cool:
  23. amoralis

amoralis Member

Just found a 3 very nice widgets - much better than what market offers (free) - first is very cool:
    1. Free ViewSonic V350 Barometer and Weather Clock with Widget for Android from Elecont App Download in Weather Tag

2. Free ViewSonic V350 Animated Weather Widget, Clock App Download in Clocks & Alarms Tag

3. http://www.freeware4android.net/vie...eather-tag/fancy-widgets-download-174762.html
  24. RadioActive1

RadioActive1 Member

Interesting that 5 people (or maybe just one with different Id's, and each with only 2 posts to their name.....hmmmm) have used these exact same words to cast their vote for AW. Maybe you guys should get together and pay for a banner ad!! LOL!

Read the reviews before downloading Animated Weather for Android - apparently it gets great votes for its visual appeal.....too bad the clock can't keep time and the weather isn't up-to-date. Oh, but other than that, it's GREAT!

I like the look of Fancy Widgets, a lot like the stock HTC Clock/Weather widget except that unlike the HTC widget, it doesn't include any built-in alarms function.

Beautiful is pretty nice, but I have to say for my vote BeWeather is the best. Why? - great look/feel, excellent animations, built in alarm function, very customizable (font, color of text, clock style, type of widget (Weather, weather with clock, weather with forecast), transparency, etc.). Also shows sun/moon, as well as daily and hourly forecast.

For those that were asking for a widget that just had weather and no clock, BeWeather can do that too.
  25. erzuli2002

erzuli2002 New Member

Fancy Widgets does have an alarm clock function. When you tap on different parts of the widget, you get a different function.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.