Best compass app for android?

Last Updated:

1. yuriboyka

yuriboyka New Member

I want to install a compass app in my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. Some one tell me the best compass application for android. thanks alot!:)

Advertisement
  2. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer for you. I've been looking for a simple compass app that will work on my HTC One V and have yet to find one.
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

I use Digital Compass, not that it’s the best, but that it works perfectly fine, carries no baggage and and has a very small footprint.
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

For eye-candy check out "AR GPS Compass Map 3D". Id guess these apps are only as accurate as the device's sensor though :)
  5. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

One thing I discovered when I was trying them out is that they all work better when you do the figure of eight, as seen in the Best Compass Calibration Method.
    funkylogik likes this.
  6. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

I like Ulysee Gizmos because it has a bunch of cool functionality:
    1) Compass with analog and digital readout, with both magnetic north and true north. Also lets you set a heading. Waypoints, and exchange waypoints.
    2) Gives longitude, latitude, altitude, and address (if available).
    3) Bubble level.
    4) Inclinometer.
    5) Speedometer.
    6) Magnetometer.
    7) GPS satellite tracker. (Shows location and color-coded signal strength of visible satellites on a compass so you know if your phone can actually receive adequate GPS satellite signals.)
    8) One-click to map view.
    funkylogik likes this.