• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best custom Rom with sense included.

humma78

Jun 4, 2010
I've only just dared to root my phone and would like some information on which custom roms are the best. What I would like to know is are the roms over at XDA or the ones at Modaco better, I really don't fancy chopping and changing all the time so would like to know which one to go with. Any help appreciated.

It really depends on what you want from a rom tbh mate. Have a look at them all on XDA and decide what you want. Im using NeyoPhyTe's ROM which is very fast, very stable, and very sexy to look at.

Thats the way i chose my rom by looking at them & checking if there were any reported bugs i chose the devillian rom myself, does everything i want & is fast & stable.

Upvote 0
I was in the same situation as you just 3 days ago mate. I wanted a froyo rom with sense but i didnt want any of the rubbish that HTC crams into it. So i tried a few of the ROMs mentioned in these forums like Devillian, Opendesire, Neophyte, Djdroid, leedroid, They all had pro's and cons and they are all very clear on what they contain but none of them really stood out to me mainly because most had facebook and twitter included so i finally took the plundge and signed up for an ad free account (

Upvote 0
As far as battery life and the LeeDroid ROM goes, it is pretty much similar to the standard 2.1 ROM I had on it before upgrading. I do think that the reporting while in standby is peretty poor as it used about 3% overnight according to the battery icon and pretty quickly went down to 75% when I used it a bit. It has now been on battery since 10 p.m. last night and has got 25% left and Ihave used it all day including pissing about and loading a few experimental ROMs then reverting back to the 1.5 again, so not too bad as far as my experience is with this phone.

Upvote 0
I was in the same situation as you just 3 days ago mate. I wanted a froyo rom with sense but i didnt want any of the rubbish that HTC crams into it. So i tried a few of the ROMs mentioned in these forums like Devillian, Opendesire, Neophyte, Djdroid, leedroid, They all had pro's and cons and they are all very clear on what they contain but none of them really stood out to me mainly because most had facebook and twitter included so i finally took the plundge and signed up for an ad free account (

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
A colleague of mine decided to root his Desire last week and claimed that this was by far the best and easiest method:

[HOWTO] Root Your HTC Desire in One Click! | Root My Droid

I haven't tried that one as it wasn't around when I rooted my phone, but it looks like the one to use.

Only thing to be really careful about with rooting is to check your bootloader version and go with the appropriate one.

Upvote 0
So Beady, Im looking to join Modaco as I too like the idea of adding what I want. My one question to you would be what rooting method did you use to enable you to get to this position. I'm still at the stage of reading masses of guides and there's now several options for rooting.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Hello, i went with the 'one click method' and it was as easy as cake. just follow the instructions - basically plug in usb install a driver for windows and then the software does the rest. It really is easy but if your unsure then just read through the instructions a couple of times and when your happy just go for it. Then sign up for the ad free account and get baking! :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones