best driving directions app?

1. gdiddy

gdiddy Well-Known Member

Hello.
    I use Google Maps for driving directions.
    I'm wondering if anybody has experience with other apps (for driving directions).......that....perhaps.......they like more than Google Maps.
    Can you please share?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Free: NavFree
    Paid: Navigon, CoPilot

Harry
    gdiddy likes this.
  3. gdiddy

gdiddy Well-Known Member

Thanks Harry and Lauren.
    Appreciate it.
  4. heidilau29

heidilau29 Member

I use my car GPS, quite cheap nowadays. I didn't use the the android app because it consumes phone battery a lot.
  5. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

I just use Google maps. Don't see the point on wasting memory and possible run speed of the phone by inhaling another app that Google maps can do perfectly fine.
  6. gdiddy

gdiddy Well-Known Member

Ahh....good point.
  7. gdiddy

gdiddy Well-Known Member

Have a Snickers dude man.
  8. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use Google Maps as my main navigation app. and CoPilot as my back up. For simple and short drives, I use Google Maps. For longer drives with stops in between, Copilot is much better and has a lot more customizations.

Did you know that using Google Maps uses more phone resources and power, then an app like CoPilot, because all of the maps are stored on the phone. Google Maps has to download the maps as you drive using data.
  9. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

10. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

11. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Well-Known Member

12. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

13. Arphilj

Arphilj Member

I'm about to set off on a 7-hour trip. I'd like the turn-by-turn directions but would obviously prefer to download the directions to my SG3 instead of downloading data the whole time.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  14. gdiddy

gdiddy Well-Known Member

"CoPilot Live" all day long
  15. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Waze for me. :)
  16. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Copilot. Also, they update the maps every quarter for free. It uses less energy and RAM on device compared to Google Nav.
    Arphilj likes this.
  17. Dannynica

Dannynica Active Member

I like Scout and Waze. i was wondering myself if there is a better one. those two i like them specially Scout and are free