Best droid video convert settings?

Last Updated:

1. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 29, 2009
    Hello everyone... I recently bought Star Trek from itunes and i got some software to rip and convert it down to Mp4 and watch it.

It works great, takes a long time but works great.

It took me like 6-7 tries to figure out what settings to use to get the resolution right, but still it's kinda wonky...and it feels VERY choppy...

This is what i'm doing and using.

I'm using Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate ? Disable DRM license, Rip DVD Convert Video

To convert the files from itunes to Mp4 format and break the DRM.

The setting that i'm choosing is the iPhone 3G's video format (Right now), it's resolution and Bitrate which was only a 900 bitrate.

and it's STILL choppy.... wtf?

I mean.. i want to break this thing down to where it's got a good framerate like watching vids on the iPhone, but if i break the resolution down even more it's going to look like im watching some crappy youtube video...

What settings should i do??

Please help!

I'm using the act 1 video player FYI

2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Did you take a look at this thread in the How-to's ?

The Droid's screen is 854x480. I find bitrates of ~800-1000kbps are good enough at that resolution. Most of the discussion in that thread uses Handbrake though.

Can't speak for the software you're using. Then again, I don't mess around with DRM.

As a last resort, you could perhaps use your software to remove the DRM (but don't mess with the video's resolution/quality).

Then take the DRM-free file and run it through Handbrake with the settings posted in the above thread.