Best DUAL SIM android phone?

Last Updated:

1. piyush_4566

piyush_4566 New Member

well there is a phone yug slimmest...I live in india and it is available here bt mayb u can get it 2.....try finding it on google..u can buy it through TVC is a fairly gud phn for the price

2. chub

chub New Member

@ cha_indian,
    I am exitzed to read your post, you are the first person not having problem with the android market after downloading a and istalling new ROM - at least from my humble researches. Stupid but important question: do you have the Android market running with commercail programs - i.e. program that are not for free. Did you ever try to synchronize you Lenovo A60 wvia the USB port (eg. Calender, contacts) with Outlook or something similar. If you did. What program did you use?
    Hoping for more positive news from your side.
    cya chub
  3. pirracas77

pirracas77 Member

I asked twice directly to Motorola Customer Care, pretending to be an Indian (phone will be available only in Asia)

4. pwel

pwel Well-Known Member

Anyone has any experience with W7272?
  5. cha_indian

cha_indian Active Member

No chub you got it wrong! etowalk has asked me to install the new ROM that they claim has a working GPS. As of now the GPS does not work. I am sorry i did not use calander, etc.. I am still exploring the phone.

6. kingcedz

kingcedz Well-Known Member

been following this thread for quite some time, i guess everyone here are as frustrated as I am about the lack of options out there.

I ve basically narrowed it down to two most probable candidates:
    Motorola Spice Key XT317
    Motorola XT531

The sad thing is, there doesnot seem to be info regarding availability of either phone. I know chinese and i cant even find info about the dual sim version of XT531 from chinese websites.

personally i m particularly interested in the XT317 as I ve been looking for a andriod dual sim GSM with physical keyboard for a long time.

Does anyone have any updated info regarding either of these two?
  7. Mr Floppy

Mr Floppy Member

That is also the same on the V350.

It seems to be a problem only when using the GSM/2G connection. If I get a large MMS from someone on SIM2 and it takes a long time to download that, then SIM1 will be disabled after a little while.
  8. linux geek

linux geek Member

I have the p800w and really like it

on first use the battery life seemed to be very poor but after a making sure it have a full charge and turning off some of the toys like gps now get more than a full days use from the battery and was lucky enough to get a spare battery in with my deal as well.

One tip is that the charger connector is the same as a samsung ct3300 with is also the same as some Motorola phones
  9. drsnuggles

drsnuggles Well-Known Member

Update about the T8888. It starts to have stability issues :(. Flashed a new ROM on the phone and it is ok now, but it still crashes sometimes (once every two days or so).
    Sound good! Would be nice to know how stable it is, how the battery behaves, how good the speakers and microphone are and if 256MB is enough.
  10. gsmpreacher

gsmpreacher Member

Just noticed the WT790 has been upgraded to the WT790C (capacitive screen).

Maxwest has also launched their ANDROID-3500 in Black, White and Red.

Nice to see new phones keep coming out.
  11. goek

goek Member

I think you could buy it. The guys from rockstoreonline have been very helpful in getting everything to work and they sell it with a 1 year guarantee, so I'm sure I could return the phone if I wanted to. Besides... I don't think there is a phone that's any better than the A60. Maybe the G1345 or the T8888, but they have their problems as well...

As of now my calendar problem and my language support problem are fixed. Keyboard and dictionary work perfectly in dutch. The OS still has alot of english in it, but that's ok for me.
    I still have that calling problem sometimes. I've ordered a new sim from my provider, but that didn't fix the problem. It's not a known problem though, so I think it's a hardware problem for just my phone. I told them now that I'd like a new phone when they have that new image available if they haven't fixed the problem by then.

I haven't checked my GPS yet... sorry. Good to know not all A60's have the same problems as I have though... thanks! :)

Motorola have had dual sim androids on the market for a while, but they have been really expensive. I know of a seller that sells the XT800+ for €489. That is wayyy overpriced as far as I'm concerned.

The wiki says the T8888 is active dual sim.

My Lenovo A60 has a perfectly working android market as well. The key is to buy one with a custom ROM. Etotalk sells A60's with custom ROM. I bought mine at
    I haven't done syncs over USB, but I sync my calandar, tasks and contacts with gmail and it works great. You can then install this little program on your desktop to sync gmail with outlook... no usb required! :)
    Pipofiasco likes this.
  12. linux geek

linux geek Member

Sound good! Would be nice to know how stable it is, how the battery behaves, how good the speakers and microphone are and if 256MB is enough.[/QUOTE]

it seems very stable Ive had one occasion that unlock would not slide turned the screen off and back on and then it worked

as for battery when I first got it only got 6 hours from it

but then noticed the screen was not timing out set timeout to 15 seconds reduced bightness to half ( which is still bright enough to see under any light ) the gave quite a good saving but the biggest drain on battery seemed to be the GPS turned that off and after a full days normal use the battery is still at 50% when going to bed. so really happy with it now

not sure if this is real but also seems to charge better on the samsung charger rather than the one that came with it

phone speaker and mic quality is good but sounds tinny when playing a avi

also have access to the market out of the box
    drsnuggles likes this.
  13. zau

zau New Member

Hi everyone,

I've reading this thread for a while and I still don't have a clue of wich phone to buy.

A the moment the HDC A9100 seems the best one but I can't really find any reviews about it.

I want a dual sim 3g and this one seems to be a good one, can anyone tell me if this phone is good??
  14. linux geek

linux geek Member

looks like an interesting phone

if you get it will look forward to your review
  15. vistv

vistv New Member

Dear Colleagues, what do you think about LG Optimus Net P690?
  16. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

Is that even dual SIM?
  17. Bakske

Bakske Member

18. pwel

pwel Well-Known Member

according to the link it seems there is a dual SIM version for Asia. But then it will be hard to distinguish between dual and single SIM versions, as for the XT531. Although according to, the dual SIM XT531 is now called XT530.
  19. chub

chub New Member

thank for the info on the market. Do you use commercial apps with the market. Those ROM I am aware of do work with the android market but only with apps that are for free :-(
    thanks chub
  20. rui-no-onna

Can you post the link? I didn't see one in vistv's post. As for the XT530/531, from the thread in XDA, the XT530 is the single SIM version and the XT531 is the dual SIM.
  21. pwel

pwel Well-Known Member

22. rui-no-onna

Thanks for the link.

Sites can get specifications wrong. I'd rather trust someone who actually owns the phone:
    [Q] Motorola Fire XT530 - xda-developers

So far, the stores I've seen selling the XT530 show that it's not dual SIM.
  23. pirracas77

pirracas77 Member

24. pirracas77

pirracas77 Member

There is also a XT532 in some chinese webs
  25. titomi

titomi Member

Boys, what about this? LG P698 DualSim version phone, spec are quite good. Only problem is, that it looks like that it