• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best DUAL SIM android phone?

Re: Motorola XT-532

2) Maybe other XT-532 users can confirm. When calling using line 1, line 2 will be disabled. A stop sign (similar to a no smoking sign) will appear above the line 2 reception bar.
I can confirm: the stop sign is in the icon, so very small, but it is there. For me it is not much of an issue: I can only talk to one person at the same time. And I get the "missed call" message when called called on SIM2 after hanging up my call on SIM1.
Didn't check the data connection yet on SIM2 while calling on SIM1.

Upvote 0
I can confirm: the stop sign is in the icon, so very small, but it is there. For me it is not much of an issue: I can only talk to one person at the same time. And I get the "missed call" message when called called on SIM2 after hanging up my call on SIM1.

Pwel please write something about quality and use of your moto xt532 :)

Upvote 0

I dont think data will work on sim2 while sim1 is engaged. but it ll be great if u can confirm that :)

Upvote 0
Pwel please write something about quality and use of your moto xt532 :)

Here some first remarks from my side:
battery is ok: one full day at work (but in the evening playing a lot) and it was stil 15% before I got to sleep

Build quality very good. Feels good in the hand

on/off button: a little small for my fingers

Google apps: working well!

GPS and WiFi: both smooth and fast

After 3 days of use I had to reset it once: after receiving a call, the display did not show up anymore. So I had to remove battery.

Upvote 0
I dont think data will work on sim2 while sim1 is engaged. but it ll be great if u can confirm that :)

somehow I do not seem to able to get any data connection at all. maybe I am missing a setting somewhere (I don't have a good dataplan yet, so I hardly use it, that's why I tried so late). So I cannot try yet.
EDIT: Had to enter provider settings manually

Upvote 0
Hi All!
Great to find this forum when I have changed jobs and will be living overseas for next two years. For last 5 years, I have been using Nokia 'plain old cell' and have had no data or web, so now I wan to buy best UNLocked, GSM/WCDMA Dual-SIM phone I can with 8Mp camera, Big display, Fast proc, 32Gb Mem exp and decent battery life. I found this:h**p://www.cnokfan.com/x18i-3g-phonegoogle-android-234-os41inch-touch-screenwifianalog-tvwcdmagsm_p4387.html. Please tell me what you think, If it will work in So America, NZ, Australia, Europe, Asia, India... and if I should buy 2-3 for family at (!) $155.00 + $20 post each. - PayPal of course :)

- Maybe you know a better one?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Dose any one know how to get root on the Moto XT532. I just got it and need to remove blot ware, it uses too much mem!:D

gonna be a tough one unfortunately.

Motorola s quite stuck up with their boot lock.

from what I gathered, XT531 is already difficult to root, XT532 is effectively the dual sim version of XT531, unless the 531 gets wider dev support its hard to see that for XT532.

The best bet is wait for XT532 go widely available outside mainland China, but i m not aware of any immediate solution i m afraid.

Upvote 0
Guys, I found an online seller of the XT532 in Hong Kong:
AST Global - Products [Motorola XT532]
Good thing is they have PayPal, and at 2100 HKD it is significantly cheaper than the ones on ebay (yupitek) and elsewhere (etotalk)
Bad thing is they haven't listed any of the specifications, so I'm not sure if this the UMTS 850/2100 or UMTS 900/2100 (makes a big difference in Australia), and this could possibly be the chinese ROM with google apps barred.

Anyways, I sent them an email with the above queries, so I'll let you know what they respond with.

Upvote 0
Dose any one know how to get root on the Moto XT532. I just got it and need to remove blot ware, it uses too much mem!:D

i found (in XDA and chinese forums) two ways to root the xt532, are the same methods used for the Moto XT615 model (Android 2.3.7) : one is to use the famous XDAdev's Superoneclick latest version 2.3.3. (include Motorola ADB Patching) with (or without as told by one user) SUTLR_v1.7.5 and RootD3 , the second is to use MotorolaOneClickRoot developed by Framework43 and Psouza4 .
Be sure to have the correct driver for PC. Maybe this can be useful

http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-...tware_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers

Tell us if you have success with rooting XT532 :)

Upvote 0
I ordered 1 unit of XT532 from ebay Yupitek( ebay id:wifigadget88) last week and it reached me around 6days after I ordered.
Service and delivery speed is very excellent.
I checked the spec of XT532 and it is HSDPA 850/2100Mhz
XT532 supports Android market, Gmail and Google Maps without any problem.

One of my friends is Arabic and hopes to use Arabic interface on XT532.

Does any one know hot to makes Arabic display on XT532 ?

Upvote 0
i found (in XDA and chinese forums) two ways to root the xt532, are the same methods used for the Moto XT615 model (Android 2.3.7) : one is to use the famous XDAdev's Superoneclick latest version 2.3.3. (include Motorola ADB Patching) with (or without as told by one user) SUTLR_v1.7.5 and RootD3 , the second is to use MotorolaOneClickRoot developed by Framework43 and Psouza4 .
Be sure to have the correct driver for PC. Maybe this can be useful

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Tell us if you have success with rooting XT532 :)

I will try too, just to increase the available memory.
In the mean time, did your Xt532 arrive?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones