• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best DUAL SIM android phone?

Friends,
I am back on to this forum after a long time and need your advice. I have used ViewSonic, Motorola XT532 in the past and recently have been using HTC Desire V.

While I have been reasonably happy with HTC Desire V, it is almost 2 yrs old and I am looking to get a new one.

I have not been following this thread but I would greatly appreciate if someone can summarize the latest dual sim models with 4G/LTE. I know HTC One E8 (M8sw) is one option but are there other "premium" models out there?

My preference is 5" or less screen size. Many thanks!!

Upvote 0
OMG it kept get better in the Dual Sim Android space.

After being completely blown away by the Dual Sim HTC One M8, I thought it'll be awhile before another flagship device that's able to top the Dual Sim M8. How wrong could I be: lo and behind, there is the LG G3 D857/D858/D858HK Dual SIM!

This is basically the Dual Sim version of the LG G3. but it kept most of the goodie that packed in the G3, including that incredible 5,5' 2K Quad HD screen! along with that, there is also the removable battery, 32GB internal storage + external MicroSD, 3GB RAM, laser focus, top of the line Processor. The Dual Sim feature is also Dual Sim Dual Active. On top of that, hear this: The Dual Sim supports both TDD and FDD LTE as well as WCDMA and TD-SCDMA 3G connectivity!

This phone is totally mind blowing. I have used it for about a week and I don't even want to touch my Dual Sim M8. The 3 model numbers correspond to different release version, the D858 is for China Mobile and D857 is so called Chinese International Version but basically that's designed for China Unicom, both D858 and D857 does not come with Google Apps. However, the D858HK is designed for Hong Kong market and comes with Full Google Apps. The hardware of all 3 models are identical, so the ROMs can be switched between the 3 easily to flash into factory stock versions.

This is by far the most superior Dual Sim phone out there, I'd go as far as claim it to be the best smart phone in the world at the moment. It has EVERYTHING!

Upvote 0
Friends,
I am back on to this forum after a long time and need your advice. I have used ViewSonic, Motorola XT532 in the past and recently have been using HTC Desire V.

While I have been reasonably happy with HTC Desire V, it is almost 2 yrs old and I am looking to get a new one.

I have not been following this thread but I would greatly appreciate if someone can summarize the latest dual sim models with 4G/LTE. I know HTC One E8 (M8sw) is one option but are there other "premium" models out there?

My preference is 5" or less screen size. Many thanks!!

if your reference is 5' or smaller, get the HTC One M8 Dual Sim, its very good and more premium than the E8.

I would go for the Dual Sim LG G3, for reasons mentioned in the post above, it's a hell of a phone.

Upvote 0
kingcedz:
Quote:
This is by far the most superior Dual Sim phone out there, I'd go as far as claim it to be the best smart phone in the world at the moment. It has EVERYTHING!
It looks like, at least by the specs and photos published.Maybe I replace my Galaxy S duos with this one if it appears in Europe.

The one thing I have reservations about, is the non-removable battery feature, which is becoming a trend lately (as in the HTC One, and others).
I wouldn't like to spend 700-800

Upvote 0
OMG it kept get better in the Dual Sim Android space.

After being completely blown away by the Dual Sim HTC One M8, I thought it'll be awhile before another flagship device that's able to top the Dual Sim M8. How wrong could I be: lo and behind, there is the LG G3 D857/D858/D858HK Dual SIM!

It looks pretty cool, only problem is that I cannot seem to find anyware, where I can buy the HK version, who ships to Europe. Anyone knows a place?

Upvote 0
The only phone I would recommend is the iOcean X8 because the OnePlus One only has one sim! :p More details on chinese-smartphones.com

No 4G LTE, and it doesn't have most of the 3G bands that are used in North America. Unknown manufacturer as well, even in China. Your Guide in China does not recommend this particular Chinese smart-phone.

Upvote 0
Sony Xperia Z3 Dual (D6633) is out, with all the goodies from the Z3 but also Dual Sim Full Active. And it supports about any LTD and WCDMA band (in Europe anyway - but allot :) )

The price is about the same as the single sim Z3, so around 700 EUR / 500 GBP. About the same as the HTC M8 Dual Sim. So it is a highend phone, with a highend price. It is released in some EU countries, the middle east and Hong Kong. Mine will be on its way shortly.

Official site: Xperia Z3 Dual SIM premium phone - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

Reactions: Crake
Upvote 0
After four years of having HTC Desire I have bought Prestigio MultiPhone 5455 DUO couple of weeks ago. For less than 200 dollars it is probably the best dual sim phone you can find out there.

I am charging the battery once per three days and that is a big difference in comparison to what I have been experiencing with HTC Desire. Photos are pretty clear from this phone and the menu and navigation is really easy to use and it reacts swiftly :)

some details about the phone:

hardware: MT6582 Chipsetand Quad Core Processor (1.3 GHz, 1 GB RAM)
internal storage 4 GB, memory can upgrade up to 32 GB with MicroSD
equipped with: Android 4.4
battery: Battery 2400 mAh
camera: 13 Megapixels, 4128 x 3096 Pixels Resolution
screen resolution: qHD 960x540 (245 PPI) (4.5 Inch)
supports: 2G Band Frequency at GSM 850,GSM 900,GSM 1800,GSM 1900 and Hight Speed 3G Network Band at HSDPA 900,HSDPA 2100
size: 134 x 67 x 9.5 mm

Upvote 0
Sony Xperia Z3 Dual (D6633) is out, with all the goodies from the Z3 but also Dual Sim Full Active. And it supports about any LTD and WCDMA band (in Europe anyway - but allot :) )

The price is about the same as the single sim Z3, so around 700 EUR / 500 GBP. About the same as the HTC M8 Dual Sim. So it is a highend phone, with a highend price. It is released in some EU countries, the middle east and Hong Kong. Mine will be on its way shortly.

Official site: Xperia Z3 Dual SIM premium phone - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

Not available yet.

I wonder if there will exist the Z3 Compact Dual, because this one is to big for me...

Upvote 0
Not available yet.

I wonder if there will exist the Z3 Compact Dual, because this one is to big for me...

It is indeed release and avalible. I am holding it in my hand an writing this ☺

Btw it is not dual sim full active, but dual standby. When Sony writes that on their webpage the apparently refer to the function that you can forward calls from the offline sim to the one in a call... Both Sims are active during date a thu, but a bit disappointed.

Upvote 0
Xperia Z3 Dual SIM

Good looking and great specs, but.....
... non-removable battery!!

I 'll pass!

Just for interest, why is it so important to have a replaceable battery?

I have had quite allot of different mobiles, and newer had a problem where I needed to change the battery. And it is not like it is impossible to change it if it fails, but it will need to be done by a service shop, and is of course more expensive.

My 15 years old Nokia 8310 still runs well on the original battery ☺

Upvote 0
Emil F:

I admit of being in the minority of people who consider smart (or dumb) phones as primarily tools for communicating and not something to flash on my friend's face and having replaced every six months or so.

As I said in my earlier post, I wouldn't like the idea of having an expensive phone, (which I use 70-80% as a work tool, loaded with all kinds of important data) become unusable, due to its battery being dead.
The trip to the service (if there is a service, that is!For example there is no official Motorola service here in Finland) leaving it there for a few days and the considerable cost of having the battery replaced, are all extra hassle and cost for us the consumers with no visible or logical benefit.
I have read a few half-arsed articles on this problem in the web, ending with oh, well, no big deal! It's a personal thing, e.t.c.

Well, I disagree strongly.The disregard of almost all the big manufacturers for the functionality and endurance of their products is astonishing and unless us the consumers voice our criticism, and vote with our

Upvote 0
I admit of being in the minority of people who consider smart (or dumb) phones as primarily tools for communicating and not something to flash on my friend's face and having replaced every six months or so.

I would guess that most people have a phone to communicate, go online and so on. I my self work a as consultant, and my phone is a important tool that I use quite allot of hours every day.

My thoughts is just, that all parts of the mobile is important and can break. That goes for the battery, screen, radio and so on. And of cause it would be smart if you your self could change any part of the phone if it broke.

Historically the batteries have been interchangeable, but allot of producers are moving away from that. Of cause it is easier to be able to change it your self, but I guess that I just don't see it as a really important thing.

Thanks for your feedback, I was just wandering your reasons, but I guess that different features are important to different people, and that is of cause absolutely fine.

Upvote 0
kingcedz:
Quote:
It looks like, at least by the specs and photos published.Maybe I replace my Galaxy S duos with this one if it appears in Europe.

The one thing I have reservations about, is the non-removable battery feature, which is becoming a trend lately (as in the HTC One, and others).
I wouldn't like to spend 700-800 € for a smart phone and have its battery die, just after the guarantee expires! (I am not in the habit of throwing away money:D)
The LG G3 D857 specs I have seen are a bit confusing on the battery issue.
Some list it as 2940mAh removable, and others just as 3000mAh.

What the opinions are in this thread?

It's 3000mAh and 2940mAh.

The Hong Kong version ships with 3000mAh, and the China Mainland version ships with 2940mAh.
Apart from that the hardwares are exactly the same. In fact, the ROMs can bee interchangeably flashed (via LG Softwares, simple process)

It's a great phone, as good as it gets when it comes to feature and performance. It's so good I bought 2 (1 Black and 1 gold).

Upvote 0
Apart from that the hardwares are exactly the same. In fact, the ROMs can bee interchangeably flashed (via LG Softwares, simple process)

That sounds great :) How would you rate battery lift, does it last for a full - busy - day?

And the software update, do you simply download from the HK side and then flash on the D858 to get HK software? Then a guess you can get Google Play store by default with the Hong Kong ROM on the China Unicom version.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

How About Asus Zenfone 5 Dual SIM ?
the amazon price range is $199 - $251.5.
processor : Intel Atom z2560

When compared with the Acer Liquid E3 (Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7), which one is better?
g.png

g.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That sounds great :) How would you rate battery lift, does it last for a full - busy - day?

And the software update, do you simply download from the HK side and then flash on the D858 to get HK software? Then a guess you can get Google Play store by default with the Hong Kong ROM on the China Unicom version.

the battery life is good, easily 1 day. besides, its removable battery you can always get a spare one if battery life really bother you.

flashing the software is simple enough. you need to do it via LG flashing tools using the D858HK tot files. you might need to root the China version first and change the model number but to be honest the process is simple enough, a google search gives plenty of result around this. the bottom line is the hardwares are exactly the same so ROM flashing is interchangeable. The Hong Kong ROM is very clean and comes with all the Google Apps goodies that you would expect.

This is a great phone. Not only does it come with 2K 5.5' screen, top notch processor, Dual Sim dual Active (I've not tested it yet), 4G LTE. the radio band also means it supports a very wide range of 3g and 4g standard. for example, it's the only Dual Sim phone I know that exist at the moment, that supports WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, FDD-LTE and TDD-LTE all at the same time. That is very rare. The practical aspect is you can easily travel between network like China Mobile that only uses TD for 3G/4G, and European providers that uses WCDMA 3G/FD-LTE 4G.

This device is one of a kind and I m really really glad that LG is doing this. Besides, it looks great, feels great.

LG has also announced that LG G3 variants should be receiving Lollipop starting from this week, it's safe to guess the G3 Dual Sim will receive it soon. I bought one form mainland china, and bought another one while I m in Hong Kong (took me a while as it kept going out of stocks). The sales at China Mobile told me the Dual Sim G3 are selling incredibly fast in Hong Kong at the moment they can't get enough stocks.

I'd call it hands down the best smartphone in the world right now, even in the face of Nexus 6 and iPhone 6/6+.

Upvote 0
the battery life is good, easily 1 day. besides, its removable battery you can always get a spare one if battery life really bother you.

flashing the software is simple enough. you need to do it via LG flashing tools using the D858HK tot files. you might need to root the China version first and change the model number but to be honest the process is simple enough, a google search gives plenty of result around this. the bottom line is the hardwares are exactly the same so ROM flashing is interchangeable. The Hong Kong ROM is very clean and comes with all the Google Apps goodies that you would expect.

This is a great phone. Not only does it come with 2K 5.5' screen, top notch processor, Dual Sim dual Active (I've not tested it yet), 4G LTE. the radio band also means it supports a very wide range of 3g and 4g standard. for example, it's the only Dual Sim phone I know that exist at the moment, that supports WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, FDD-LTE and TDD-LTE all at the same time. That is very rare. The practical aspect is you can easily travel between network like China Mobile that only uses TD for 3G/4G, and European providers that uses WCDMA 3G/FD-LTE 4G.

This device is one of a kind and I m really really glad that LG is doing this. Besides, it looks great, feels great.

LG has also announced that LG G3 variants should be receiving Lollipop starting from this week, it's safe to guess the G3 Dual Sim will receive it soon. I bought one form mainland china, and bought another one while I m in Hong Kong (took me a while as it kept going out of stocks). The sales at China Mobile told me the Dual Sim G3 are selling incredibly fast in Hong Kong at the moment they can't get enough stocks.

I'd call it hands down the best smartphone in the world right now, even in the face of Nexus 6 and iPhone 6/6+.

How you compare it to Huawei ascend mate 7. Off course ascend mate is 6 inches and LG G3 is 5.5...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones