Best Earphones with Mic for Captivate?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. estefana

estefana Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for a pair of good earphones with a mic..... and possibly controls that work with Android? Hopefully price can be under $200. Any ideas? I've got a few in mind....

- Klipsch Image S4i or S2m..... but will the controls work??
    - Etymotic Research HF2 (or anything else by this company)
    - Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi
    - Bose MIE2

Feedback would be lovely!!!:)

Advertisement
  2. okstate707

okstate707 Member

I also would like to know if the Klipsh Image S4i's phone controls work. I have the Klipsh Image S4s and the sound quality is amazing, but I would buy the S4i's if the controls work.

3. projectpaki

projectpaki Active Member

Sorry, I dont have an answer to your question but while we're on the topic, what are good mic add-ons to my skull candy headphones?

4. SkateEmerica987

SkateEmerica987 Member

I'd definitely agree with the Klipsh Image S4i's IF the controls work, I'm not sure. But I too have the regular s4's and the sound quality is amazing for the price you pay. They are also the most comfortable in ear's i've ever used. After a couple of hours of listening I can hardly feel them in my ear. This is what I found on the Klipsh website though.

"The remote and mic are supported only by iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod nano (4th and 5th generation), iPod Classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod Touch 4g, MacBook, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro (2009 models), and the iPad. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation). Requires latest iPod software. Audio is supported by all iPod models. Mic and call/music button control features functional with 1st generation iPhones and iPhone 3G. Volume Controls are not compatible with 1st generation and 3G iPhone. Also compatible with VOIP, Skype, iChat, and audio recording applications."

5. estefana

estefana Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've ended up with the Etymotic Hf3's. The sound controls don't work but the middle button will pause a song, as well as answer or hang up phone calls. The Klipsh S2 with mic's action button (there are no volume controls) will also hang up and answer phone calls, but I didn't like the sound as much. The Etymotic Hf3's earbud pieces fit in my ear really well.

6. Waxon

Waxon New Member

I just got a pair of nox headphones for xmas and I must say they exceeded all my expectations. Not only do they connect to my xbox and playstation but to my comp, android and ipod too. I got the earbuds and even for buds the sound is crystal clear and so comfy I sometimes forget I'm wearing them. The link is www.nox-audio.com

Let me know if this helps!