1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Email App Out There Sync Outlook 2003/2010

Last Updated:

1. zackman2091

zackman2091 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok at work i was asked to find the best android email app that is specifically looking at calendar event usage and multiple email folders and use of exchange 2010 and 2003

Ofcourse i said use the stock one because i know that works fine on my HTC Evo but since i work at I.T at CMU they know i do alot of stuff with android phones they want me to fine all the possible ones that will work with all android phones and the ones that work best.

Advertisement
  2. Koil

Koil New Member

Touchdown by nitrodesk has been the best that I've found, as far as filled out feature set.

There is a demo version (30 days trial, I believe) that lets you kick the tires long enough to know whether or not it will work for you.

There is a bit of a learning curve, nothing too major, though....but by far, it has more features, and is more robust than anything else I've found out there. If you find otherwise, please let me know.

Also, bonus feature to this is that normally, if your exchange server has security enabled, that means you have to enable security on your whole phone, which was a major PITA as far as I was concerned....Touchdown takes care of this by making you enter the PIN when starting the app itself, instead of when you access the phone. It sounds like its trivial, but when you have to unlock your phone 50 times a day because of security settings you don't even want, it got old.

Anyway, hope it helps and any questions you might have, fire away.

P.S. Yes it tracks your events on your calender, but I will admit, I don't use this as much as some power meeting ppl do. I set stuff on my calender at work to remind me to do things later, and I've never had a problem with those being sync'd to the calendar in Touchdown...it does NOT sync to your Google calendar. There are ways (I've heard anyway) to do this, but it doesn't do it on its own...it requires some other apps to pull that off.

Good luck to ya.

3. OCDetails

OCDetails Member

I used Touchdown on my G1 and liked it a lot. I've been using Roadsync on my G2 and it is just as functional. Between the two of them I prefer Roadsync. It gives me access to my folders a little easier and it stays sync'd much faster than Touchdown. You can't really go wrong with either one though.

4. zackman2091

zackman2091 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So these are the only two that are suggested, well i need some more after seeing that touchdown is 19.99 because i know a customer will n ot w ant to pay 19.99 for a app

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Very happy with Touchdown as well.

6. SamForgyven

SamForgyven Member

OWA Android App (QOWA) Quick Outlook Web Access
    Hi all - My organization locked down our outlook email so I tried every OWA Android app out there and none worked for me. They all required something open on the server end such as exchange web services or WebDav. There was no way to get my android to work with my email except the browser, but the logout was every minute, requiring a retype of my username/password. If you ever used OWA you know what I'm talking about.

This QOWA is still using the native web interface so it should work with ALL OWA email addresses. This works very friendly with the touch environment.

Here is the link to the QOWA app in the marketplace. This works for Microsoft Outlook exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qowa

7. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

I use the stock email and it syncs with my MS Exchange (Outlook, cal, contacts) flawlessly. And it's free ;)