• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best emulator and roms for Hero? Opinions wanted please

gooner rich

Feb 17, 2010
UK
Installed Snesoid yesterday and have been (trying!) to play Mario World, Metroid etc. but controls for Hero just aren't good enough to get the most out of these games mainly due to the lack of multi-touch functionality (I am running f/w 1.5, build 2.73, not sure if this makes a difference?)

Ive tried setting controls to use tilt instead of the virtual D-pad but games still very difficult to play because still cant use simultaneous combination of buttons needed. Before I get stick off some people, I understand playing these on a phone is never going to be as good as it would were I to play on the real console...after all that is what the consoles were designed for Unfortunately mine is somewhere in my mum's loft about 250 miles away.

Anyway, I rather like the idea of being able to play Mario on my phone....will keep me from dying of boredom while getting dragged around town by my missus who just loves to shop!!

Just wanted to gauge everyone's opinions on what they have found the best emulators and emulator set-ups to be when playing on Hero.

Thanks

(This was posted in Hero section of forum but thought it would get more visibility and replies here)

As of the moment, the creator of SNESoid has an emulator for nearly every system (excluding the N64 and later - too much for the poor Hero to handle) and I am sure you can get awesome games for them.

I use SNESoid for my Eris and play Final Fantasy IV and Super Bomberman on it. Like you said, the phones don't have Multi-Touch so it's hard to play the good games. Only semi-cool ones like Super Mario RPG and simple games that don't need you to use the D-Pad and buttons at the same time. :(

And yes, I do own the original Final Fantasy IV cartridge.. Three of them actually and all the other version.. lol My favorite game! Bomberman on the other hand.. You got me!

Forgot, use www.vimm.net for a good selection of roms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones