• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Emulator for Moto Droid?

An emulator seems like a great idea for my Droid, with a huge selection of games at my disposal that I might actually play for once (thanks to a number of situations where I find myself bored with nothing but my phone on me), but I hesitate to pick one because they all cost money.

I'm looking for a bit of information before I jump into anything. What are the different platforms emulated, how well to they run (if there's a site with compatibility ratings, that would be excellent), how much do they cost, and most importantly, how well do they control?

I'd love to hear about any experiences that will help me make a decision.

Any of the -oid emulators are the way to go (SNESoid, Gameboid, Genoid, etc.). I haven't heard of anyone who regrets buying them, and I don't think there are any better options available. In addition, you have the option with your droid of using the hardware keyboard and configuring buttons, which makes me envious as an Incredible owner.

Upvote 0
Any of the -oid emulators are the way to go (SNESoid, Gameboid, Genoid, etc.). I haven't heard of anyone who regrets buying them, and I don't think there are any better options available. In addition, you have the option with your droid of using the hardware keyboard and configuring buttons, which makes me envious as an Incredible owner.

No regrets, good to hear. One thought just popped into my mind that made me really excited, but it probably won't work. Does the Gameboid emulator run original Game Boy roms as well as Game Boy Advance? And does it support special hardware features (such as rumble for games like Pokemon Pinball and tilt control for games like Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)?

I'm probably just dreaming as far as the hardware features go, but it would be nice if it supported original GB and GBA.

Upvote 0
No regrets, good to hear. One thought just popped into my mind that made me really excited, but it probably won't work. Does the Gameboid emulator run original Game Boy roms as well as Game Boy Advance? And does it support special hardware features (such as rumble for games like Pokemon Pinball and tilt control for games like Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)?

I'm probably just dreaming as far as the hardware features go, but it would be nice if it supported original GB and GBA.

There is GBCoid for game boy games, but I highly doubt hardware features are included.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones