• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories ???best EVO case???

I see that my local BestBuy finally restocked the Platinum cases. I think I am going to go for one of those, I've heard such great things about it. Will BestBuy exchange it if I happen to get one of those "creaky" ones that I read about every so often on here? I'm thinking it'll be fine, though.

Also debating on a screen protector. But really, with this Innocase (BestBuy Platinum), I doubt the screen would ever really GET scratched unless I drop it on something that is jutting out.

So anyway, if I were to also get a screen protector, which should I get, the I.S from Zagg? Do they have any phones WITH screen protectors on tem that you can try out/feel? I want to protect my phone, but I do not want to make the experience any less than what it already is (no tacky screen, no reflections [it's already really good in the light! Don't wanna ruin it!], fingerprints, etc). Any thoughts?
I'm probably gonna head down there in an hour or so.
Thanks guys.

Upvote 0
I see that my local BestBuy finally restocked the Platinum cases. I think I am going to go for one of those, I've heard such great things about it. Will BestBuy exchange it if I happen to get one of those "creaky" ones that I read about every so often on here? I'm thinking it'll be fine, though.

Also debating on a screen protector. But really, with this Innocase (BestBuy Platinum), I doubt the screen would ever really GET scratched unless I drop it on something that is jutting out.

So anyway, if I were to also get a screen protector, which should I get, the I.S from Zagg? Do they have any phones WITH screen protectors on tem that you can try out/feel? I want to protect my phone, but I do not want to make the experience any less than what it already is (no tacky screen, no reflections [it's already really good in the light! Don't wanna ruin it!], fingerprints, etc). Any thoughts?
Thanks guys.

I'm guessing I'm a bit too late to stop you but I would recommend against ZAGG. Its one of those pain in the ass 'wet' style screen protectors. I honestly am thinking about letting my EVO's screen ride naked after watching that video yesterday of a guy scratching the screen with a razor and no damage occured.

Upvote 0
Since they don't even have an Incredible or iPad case yet, I'd say it's several months away.

They'll probably create a iPhone case first.

I dunno. You may be right but since the EVO sold out and really lived up to the hype I would think they could release an Otterbox in a reasonable timeframe for it. I'm sure they could work on an iPhone 4 and EVO case simultaneously. We'll see though, I'll only wait a couple weeks. After that, I'll just get a Seidio.

Upvote 0
I bought and used the RockFish Piano Black Silicone case the other day. It is the worst case in the history of all cases. The silicone is too hard to press in and activate both the power and volume buttons without exerting massive amounts of pressure. I was concerned that I would crush my EVO with repeated use, so I promptly returned it to BestBuy. I've since replaced it with a Body Glove case from the Sprint store. It added both weight and size so I feel like I'm carrying a netbook around in my pocket. Much happier with the Body Glove, especially for the better design and access to the power and volume buttons.

Upvote 0
I just bought the cheap 3-pack of screen covers from Sprint-I put one on my screen until I decide on a decent screen cover, and then I cut one of them apart and down to a tiny circle which covers my camera lens beautifully. You can probably cut 20 little camera lens covers out of it-heck, you could sell them to your Evo friends at $2 apiece and make a profit!

Anyway for the cutting I recommend tiny scissors and fingernail clippers (someone else in this forum thought of that, but I forget who).

Upvote 0

Thanks guys.

I wouldn't get an Invisible Shield. I had one on my Dare and it was ok for a while, but eventually got all nasty-even after I did the 'free lifetime warranty replacement' thing. Along with being a pain to install, it's bad enough for me to recommend against it.

Upvote 0
Drooped my evo taking it out of my pants pocket. Fell about 3 feet too the concrete. The body glove case broke in 2 places . Not happy but the phone is ok, only a super small chip on one corner. I got the case from Sprint and wonder if they will hook me up with a new one? This case should be able to take a small fall though, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Drooped my evo taking it out of my pants pocket. Fell about 3 feet too the concrete. The body glove case broke in 2 places . Not happy but the phone is ok, only a super small chip on one corner. I got the case from Sprint and wonder if they will hook me up with a new one? This case should be able to take a small fall though, in my opinion.

The lady at the Sprint Store told me that the body glove cases have a 1 year warranty. I would think you should get a new one from them.

Upvote 0
My thermoplastic polyurethane case came today. Assuming it's what the epic cases are like. Wasn't digging the argyle thing. I got the
[url=http://shop.ebay.com/pawavenue/m.html?_nkw=evo+crystal+skin&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313]smoke one on ebay for $8.[/url] Looks just like it does in their pics. Like it better than the Innocase II. For some reason it does feel a touch thinner than it as well. It's grippy and smooth at the same time and is much firmer than a silicone type case. The buttons are covered and they click no problem. The camera is slightly recessed, and there is plenty of space for the ports, speaker and so on. If you need that little extra coverage the snap on rear case doesn't provide. It's a good choice.

%21BwULm8QBGk%7E$%28KGrHqZ,%21iwEv1+0EedbBMIWh3C0sQ%7E%7E_3.JPG

%21BwULosw%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqN,%21isEv1+0C%297uBMIWh984tQ%7E%7E_3.JPG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones