Best Facebook App?

Last Updated:

1. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know the best Facebook app out there for the HTC Hero? There are a ton of facebook apps in the android market, and I have no idea which one I should use. I would be even willing to buy or purchase an app if its better then the rest. Thanks for your advice!!!!

Advertisement
  2. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

There is an official facebook app for android (look for the one with facebook as developer). It used to suck, but now its much better after a recent update. You can browse newsfeed, search your friends, look at and write on your friends walls, upload pictures, view other peoples pictures, etc. You can NOT chat though. Notifications for this app arent that great though. You dont get notified of new wall posts, picture tags, people commenting on your status, etc.

I recommend an app called Bloo. It is free and, in my opinion, better than the official one. It does everything the official facebook app can do (in a slightly different manner, of course) and then some. My favorite thing about this app is its notification system. It notifies you of basically everything. I set my refresh rate to 1 minute, so whenever I see a red notification pop up on my laptop facebook page, i almost autiomatically hear the ring on my phone to notify me. It tells me of wall posts, picture tags, picture comments, etc. Very nice.

3. Lii

Lii Active Member

I recommend Bloo as well. Great app!

4. JLampitt

JLampitt Member

How well do these apps (Bloo and official FB app) integrate into the address book/people app?

For example, going into the People app, I can see FB updates and events in address book entries that have been tied back to my FB account. There's an "Updates" field that you can tap to see more detail which automatically connects you to the mobile version of FB.

Can you set it up so that tapping that field will utilize Bloo or the FB app instead of the mobile web version?

5. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any way to set that in the People app. I wish the official app would give you the choice of going to the full or touch site, rather than the mobile one. Sticking with Bloo until the official app can do more.

6. wmillion

wmillion Member

I have Bloo, but I am no longer get notifications when people reply to my post. Does anyone know why that is?

7. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

If you want to be able to chat try eBuddy it's free and works pretty good, but it's a battery hog if you leave it running in the backround. It's good to go on see who's available to chat then log out when you're done. It integrates almost all IM applications like FB, Myspace, Google talk and MSN.

8. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I've noticed that if I reboot my Hero, Bloo will not notifiy me until after it's been opened once. So now, its almost a habit to open (and then just close) Bloo after each reboot.

9. flatH2O

flatH2O Member

I had Bloo installed this weekend but couldn't figure out a way to comment on or "like" posts. Are you guys able to do that?

10. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I have tried all of the apps. I wasn't happy with any of them. I use the full HTML site via the Dolphin Browser.

11. flatH2O

flatH2O Member

@pwabbit, that's what I'm going back to, too. Disappointed that I can't find an app that works better, though.

12. wmillion

wmillion Member

If you are trying to comment on bloo you need to long press on the post.

13. zmgsvt

zmgsvt Member

Which one of the apps says at the bottom "via facebook for Android" on posts and stuff?

14. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

+1

15. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I would guess the official android FB app...

16. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

I'm bumping this up to the top.... want to know if there have been any updates to any FB apps since the last post.

And do you Bloo users still use it and like it?

Thanks!

17. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

+1 For Bloo, seems better than the official app IMO...

18. flatH2O

flatH2O Member

I still am a Bloo fan (after you guys helped me figure out the long press to comment/like!) There's something wonky going on with comments at the moment, but the dev's site says he's working on it.

19. mozman

mozman Member

How is Bloo with facebook email. I con't like the official FB app because of the email... it doesn't support FB email. To read/write email I have to go to FB thru the browser. Anyone have suggestions in this regard?

20. Rathamar

Rathamar Well-Known Member