Best FaceTime app?General

Last Updated: 2013-01-22 16:54:50
  1. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Well-Known Member

Both my missus' and daughter have iphone 4s phones and use FaceTime between them. Is there a good app I can use to join them?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

3. NatoDroid

NatoDroid New Member

Skype and Tango are great as long as they have the apps installed aswell.
  4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

That's the beauty of cross platform / platform independent apps like skype and google talk. They are not exclusive to one particular OS. That's one of the many things that I think are stupid and that I can't stand about Apple's services. Same goes for Blackberry's BBM service. Why would I want to use a service that can only talk to people on iPhones or blackberries? I know people on all 3.
    katsimbris likes this.
  5. lkeanfei

lkeanfei New Member

Facetime app is only for Apple products. You can try out Fring , FriendCaller, Skype , Tango on Android
  6. darkodroid

darkodroid Member

I use Tango you just have to make sure whoever is using an iphone downloads Tango. I totally agree with the poster above that services just for apple or blackberry are totally ridiculous another one of the many reasons why I use android instead of apple or blackberry.
  7. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

cross platform apps give you access to more people on more devices all across the world.

facetime gives you access to an aging and dwindling marketshare.
  8. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

I use Skype, works with Android, ios, and any computer. I think it also works with Windows Mobile but not sure.
  9. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

+1 to Skype
  10. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Given that Microsoft owns Skype, yeah, skype works with Windows Phone - beautifully if I might add :)
    Very good integration with contacts on Windows Phone.

But yes, I vote for skype too :)
  11. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Since Microsoft now owns Skype, I'd say it is a good bet that Skype works on Windows Mobile.