Best favorite contact widget

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Looking for your recommendation for a good contact favorite widget? verizon galaxy s3.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I kinda like the Samsung default Buddies Now widget for Contacts. On a side note APW widgets are ok. :)
  3. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

Try the 'GO Contact Widget'. The most rated contact widget for android devices.
  4. chanchan05

GO Contact Widget only works on GO Launcher and you'd have to deal with their push ads now.
  5. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

You also try the 'Contact Widget'. You can download it from the play store.

Attached Files:

6. fango

fango Member

Animated Widget Contact Pro
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  7. Parshooter

Parshooter Well-Known Member

On my phone, if I go into contacts, I can long press on a contact, and it gives me the option to add it to my home screen. Might work with yours also.
  8. rcyphermd

I cannot get android pro widget to work on the s3. Anyone else able to get it to work?
  9. chanchan05

what exactly is the issue you are getting?
  10. rcyphermd

When I touch a picture to call the contact, a screen pops up to select default action. I make the selection. When I touch the picture again, the same pop up screen appears. Suggestions?
  11. chanchan05

Did you put a check mark on the "make this default action" before clicking on whatever action you want to do?
  12. rcyphermd

The picture has a little phone icon in upper right corner. When I touch the picture, the same lousy of options pop up. Suggestions?
  13. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I use widgetsoid2. Has a "Contact" widget you can change the background (any picture you have), change or remove text, works great. A few of mine (you can change the icon I used to a persons face, or company logo, or whatever):
    [​IMG]
  14. voriax

voriax Member

15. OkeeChloe

OkeeChloe Active Member

I use contact widget it really is one touch calling, you just have to set the default action the first time you use it.
  16. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I have tried just about every contacts widget going and had about given up on finding the perfect one but, thanks to fango, I have now. I have Animated Widget Contact as one group widget on my home page taking up one space. When I press it I get a circle of my favourites and when I click on one of them I get the action I have previously chosen for the as the priority eg call home, call mobile, text, email. If I want to do something different I long-press and get the other choices up. Not just for contacts either but also apps and web shortcuts.
    I've no connection with the app, never heard of it before I read it here but it's exactly what I was looking for. The Pro version (same functionality, limited number of widgets) is pricy at
  17. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I just switched launchers to "ssLauncher", it has a "Contacts" screen that works well for direct contacts. Press the star and get your starred contacts, they stay on the screen (until you hit the star again).

[​IMG]