Best Firmware For XX Region

Last Updated:

1. giannis1313

giannis1313 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 4, 2010
    Guys first of all i would like to apologise in advance if the answer to what i will ask i somewhere else.... I had really tried to find an answer but unfortunately i didn't manage to do it.....
    First of all let me describe you my problem....
    I am a owner of Samsung galaxy froom Greece (XX region) and the past week i installed the Galaxo
    Unfortunately there was a problem with the jnow no sleep issue.....
    one the reasons (possible reasons to be accurate) was the baseband firmware i was using (xxjb2).....
    Somepeople suggested to me to use the JC6 rom which unfortunately comes only for the XE region so the phone after the installation with ODIN gets stuck in the booting menu for ages.....
    so i would like someone to tell me which firmware from the XX region is the best (no sleep issues) or if there is a way to install JC6 without getting stuck in the boot menu.....
    thanks everyone in advance.......

2. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    My phone is from an XX region (I had a german model from VIA which should be O2 Germany or something), and I had no problems upgrading to JC6. Or rather, I managed to do so, even though I remember getting stuck on the boot screen during the first reboot; however, removing the battery and starting up gave me no problems.

I 'downgraded' back to JB2 however, to get the benefit of using the original keyboard in dutch; but now I'm considering to go back to JC6 regardless of the region, since I've discovered Swiftkey and HTC_IME both offer dutch, and since I suspect some of my GAOSP issues are due to the fact that I wasn't using JC6 (dropped calls,...)
  3. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm using IK4, which I believe is the latest official one for O2 UK.