• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Free Battery Widget?

will_76

May 27, 2010
Hey you guys been on for awhile since I am stuck with this phone for another year. Finally got the cojones to root and not sure why i was scared but definitely like my phone much more. This sites been nothing short of the best thing i could have found for my phone.

Having trouble finding a good battery widget..............any ideas oh great ones?

Hey you guys been on for awhile since I am stuck with this phone for another year. Finally got the cojones to root and not sure why i was scared but definitely like my phone much more. This sites been nothing short of the best thing i could have found for my phone.

Having trouble finding a good battery widget..............any ideas oh great ones?

Welcome to the forum Will!

Check out Battery status. This app puts the battery percentage up on the notification bar, so you can always see it. I really like it.

But if you want a widget, try BatteryLife

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum Will!

Check out Battery status. This app puts the battery percentage up on the notification bar, so you can always see it. I really like it.

But if you want a widget, try BatteryLife

I recently rooted as well and when I did I lost track of some of my apps. I never liked a big flashy widget on my home screen and so I second cableguy if you just like it to be a little more subtle. I couldn't find the app I was using before (maybe it was battery status not sure why I couldn't find it the other day). Anyway another free app like it is "batterytime" which I ended up dl'ing instead. It gives you an icon on your notification bar with a no. in the middle which is the percentage of your battery and when you pull down the bar it provides other info like temperature, etc. Easy to see without taking up valuable screen space.

Upvote 0
My personal favorite is Battery Left Widget:

Battery Left Widget
by Preinvent
50,000 downloads, 3091 ratings (4.1 avg)
Free
rating8.png
chart

It can be 2x1 or 1x1 and can be cutomized to show time remaining, percent, temperature, etc. But the reason I like it best is that when you click on the widget, in addition to its own settings, it gives you links to battery info, battery usage, AND battery history.

Upvote 0
My personal favorite is no widget at all, but rather a ROM that shows the battery percentage in status bar. I know Kaos and Nonsensikal do that, not sure if that's something that all the 2.2 ROMs do. *I* have not found a 2.1 ROM that does this, but that's not to say that there is not one out there.

Agree 100%.

But the next best thing, IMO, is battery status.

Upvote 0
My personal favorite is no widget at all, but rather a ROM that shows the battery percentage in status bar. I know Kaos and Nonsensikal do that, not sure if that's something that all the 2.2 ROMs do. *I* have not found a 2.1 ROM that does this, but that's not to say that there is not one out there.
i'm using nonsensikal, and i don't see anywhere to enable this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones