1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Best free DVD ripping program?

1. I'm hard pressed to find a free dvd ripper that actually works. I've used a few so far including handbrake and all the videos that come out of using them are messed up. Some of them have static all through them and others freeze at random points in the videos. Any suggestions for a program that so i can make these work on my tablet?

Advertisement
  2. gabeyong

gabeyong Well-Known Member

Hi,

If you use handbrake with your mac have a look at the links below:
    I am using a MacBook Pro and Handbrake to rip my DVDs.

I use to fiddle with the settings with disastrous results. Now I just use the presets... once you get the hang of it you'll be fine.

The compatible player for Android is MoboPlayer and download and install the codecs as well from the MoboPlayer website so you can play HD MKV files.

cheers :)

Reference:
    How to Rip DVDs with Handbrake
    How to Use HandBrake on a Mac
    How to Rip DVD's for Your iPad, iPod, Apple TV or iPhone
    How to Rip DVDs with Handbrake
    How to rip DVD on Mac and convert video for Mac using Handbrake
  3. I guess I should have been more specific. I'm using a PC, not a Mac. I just cant find a free dvd ripping program that doesnt screw up my video when I rip them. Half of them have mismatched audio.
  4. Bangjr

Bangjr Active Member

I have been pretty lucky with Freemake Video Converter.
  5. gabeyong

gabeyong Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

you can also try MakeMKV <-- here

Hi,

Handbrake works with Windows as well.
    The process is similar.

cheers :)
  6. Viaoiwohi

Viaoiwohi New Member

Aiseesoft DVD Ripper help you to rip your home-made DVDs, DVD Movies to

all popular video formats, and works pergectly with all portable media players.

1. Rip DVDs to MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A,

AAC, WAV, etc

2. Work perfectly with PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2, Blackberry,

Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone

3. Provide the fastest conversion speed (>300%), completely support dual core CPU.

4. Do trim, crop, merge and extract audio file from DVD movies.

Aiseesoft Total Video Converter help you to convert all your

videos from internet, camera and so on to the right video format you want.

1. Convert MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC,

WAV

2. Work perfectly with PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2, Blackberry,

Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone

3. Provide the fastest conversion speed (>300%), completely support dual core CPU.