• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best full month calendar widget for abusy person?

Hey all,
I am trying to find out what calendar to use on my homescreen. I have the standard calendar widget enabled right now, but it's useless. It tells me I have something scheduled on each day, but that's it. The actual calendar app on my Incredible gives me kind of a bubble indicator for each day that is filled at different spots, depending on whether I have something set up for earlier in the day, middle of the day, etc... I want a full page widget that will do this, just having a marker that says that I have something on that day does me no good.

I've also checked out some of the apps so far like Pure Calendar and while they are neat, they tend to tell me only a few days. I want the whole month laid out for me, so I can tell at a glance how busy any particular day will be.

BTW, for anyone also wanting a widget with a layout on a day-to-day setup, check out Android Agenda, I use that for a text-based to-do list and it rocks, I just want a graphical one as well. I have stuff going on every day, but some are only 1 or 2 events, so the graphic layout is nice.

Thanks in advance for any help!! :D

I've also checked out some of the apps so far like Pure Calendar and while they are neat, they tend to tell me only a few days. I want the whole month laid out for me, so I can tell at a glance how busy any particular day will be.

If you like Pure Calendar and want a month version, try Pure Grid Calendar. Same dev, different way of viewing.

Upvote 0
I have been really happy with Jorte and the month view that opens up if you tap on the week view widget that you can put on your homescreen. The best part is that in the month view it puts a small title of the scheduled event not some bubble thing like the stock calendar. Plus it has a handy built in to-do list integrated on the calendar. Sounds like its what you may be looking for, and its free.

here is more info on it Jorte

Upvote 0
Sure, stuff like Pre Grid is nice, but when you have an average of 3 reminders each day, you end up with a cluttered messy bunch of blocks. As I mentioned in the original post, the stock calendar on the incredible is nice. For each day, there is a vertical bubble, if you have an appt in the morning, then there's a mark in the bottom of the bubble, one in the night puts a mark in the top part, and so on. More appts will result in the bubble being completely filled. I can tell visually at a glance how busy a day is, in a nice clean format, then I can open the date to get the details on that day's appts.

The stock widget just has a tick mark indicating if there is an appt, but no details on when the appts occur or how many, so right now my widget just has a mark on almost every single day, but no usable at-a-glance info.

I will check out Jorte though.

Upvote 0
Sure, stuff like Pre Grid is nice, but when you have an average of 3 reminders each day, you end up with a cluttered messy bunch of blocks. As I mentioned in the original post, the stock calendar on the incredible is nice. For each day, there is a vertical bubble, if you have an appt in the morning, then there's a mark in the bottom of the bubble, one in the night puts a mark in the top part, and so on. More appts will result in the bubble being completely filled. I can tell visually at a glance how busy a day is, in a nice clean format, then I can open the date to get the details on that day's appts.

The stock widget just has a tick mark indicating if there is an appt, but no details on when the appts occur or how many, so right now my widget just has a mark on almost every single day, but no usable at-a-glance info.

I will check out Jorte though.

Upvote 0
You could check out the Blik Calendar Widget too. I don't have a month view yet...only a 4x1 view currently now. I created it so that I could see what is coming up on my calendar quickly and to also get an idea it how far away in days an event was. The other widgets just show you the text and I wanted a small widget, so at most, I would see the next three events. My widget shows you an appropriate picture for each event based on inspecting the text. You can see up to 6 or 7 events that way and can see the number of days until the events. It also "scrolls" to show you more later events (configurable up to 6 weeks from today).

I'll be adding some more layout options next month too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones