• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Gadgets that Broke New Ground in 2010!!!

As someone who has majored in Industrial Design, I wouldn't really call the Ipad, great design, more like lack of....

I LOVE porsche, but i feel apple and porsche have the same design strategies...make one thing that looks good and everything after must look exactly the same.

Reactions: gallandof
Upvote 0
agreed with above. plus, the 360? really? what a joke. the ps3 tops it in every dimension, especially the home theater aspect (uh hello, HD dvd lost the battle to blu ray, remember, mashable?) and the failure rate of the 360 is through the roof. eh, i don't really give mashable much credit on this one.

i think they are referring to the kinnect integration, which blows PS3 Move out of the water. I own a PS3 and had an 360...which i immediately sold for PS3 games.

either way, goodbye wii

Upvote 0
I LOVE porsche, but i feel apple and porsche have the same design strategies...make one thing that looks good and everything after must look exactly the same.

That and the fact that all apples are are rounded rectangles... the new Iphone is even LESS interesting than the old one.. I didn't think that was possible.. sure the materials may be better, but the design blah.. at least the previous Iphones had a more rounded rear, the new one is just flat on both sides..

Upvote 0
The ipad??? come on! There is nothing revolutionary about it. The same company who gave the ipad an award- mashable- listed all the simple hardware and software missing back in January 2010.
What's Missing from the Apple iPad?

Sounds to me that most technology websites are trying too hard to either be "cool" jumping on the apple bandwagon or are receiving some type of incentive from Apple.

Reactions: pantlesspenguin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones