Best games for droid

Last Updated:

1. twiy06

twiy06 Active Member

I am a bit disappointed with quality of games for droid.

Uniwar is great but is boring after campaign because online play doesn't work well.

Can anyone recommend any good quality and addicting games for droid?

2. wnajar

wnajar Well-Known Member

The games I have on my Droid right now are (all can be downloaded for free, if not in a lite version that has plenty of gameplay):

Gameboid - plays GBA roms perfectly, MUST HAVE, play pokemon emerald and mario kart on this

SNesoid - plays SNES games such as mario, MUST HAVE

Robo Defense - tower defense game, extremely addicting, great gameplay, must have

Abduction! - simple game where you are a cow jumping up platforms towards an alien ship, controlled by accelerometer, addicting, passes time fairly well

Labyrinth - control a ball by tilting the phone and direct it though a maze into a hole at the end, everyone will want to play this on your phone

Jewels - get three jewels in a row to eliminate them from the board, very addicting

Pong Multi Touch - just like it says, utilizes the multi-touch feature, works well with a friend

Phit Extreme - very hard puzzle game, fit tetris-like pieces into a rectangular space

Solitaire - speaks for itself
  3. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

a couple comments:

Gameboid - does NOT play GB/C games, only GBA. Still great tho.
    SNesoid - controls are quite awkward on the device... not feasible for all.

moving along:

NESoid - it has one major advantage over any other NES emulator you've ever used: DUCK HUNT. Use that touchscreen as a light gun! Kinda makes you wish better light gun games were made... only a dozen or so came out, and that includes the duds.

Gensoid - same as SNesoid, sadly. Otherwise I'd love to have Sonic 3 & Knuckles on my phone. Easily my favorite game of all time.

Speed Forge 3D - a 3D hovercraft racing game. Pretty nice visually, controls could be better, but gameplay needs improvement.

Hearts / Spades - not much to say. They're there. They work. Pretty fun.
  4. brandoshido

brandoshido Well-Known Member

kitten cannon, juast came out, only a dollar
  5. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

I will have to try out some of these app, now to find the roms - :p
  6. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member

7. fam

fam Well-Known Member

subscribed too!!
  8. Jesson

Jesson Well-Known Member

Abduction! and Poke A Mole :D
  9. ldougherty

ldougherty Well-Known Member

I suggest Papa Stacker and Flight Director, quite enjoyable.

I wrote the developer of paper toss for the iPhone yesterday asking if they're gonna release a version for Android but no response yet..
  10. aapocketz

aapocketz Active Member

best game I have played on my droid is definitely bonzai blast. I had played zuma deluxe on my computer and its similar game if not better. I haven't seen it on the market for a while, but it was there last month for free, not sure where it went.

jewel is great too.

the emulators like snesroid are wonderful, I will agree 100% about the light gun games like duck hunt, though some of them don't work with snesroid at least, it is missing buttons or something (it only has the fire button). If you can get it to work, it works well, try battleclash for snes. Along the same vein I have tried playing fzero with the accelerometer sensors to steer but the control is way too sensitive. My conclusion is the one thing holding the emulator games back is the controls.
  11. morgan_allstar

morgan_allstar Active Member

I like gem miner, haven't got the paid version yet (dig deeper)
  12. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

13. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

14. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

I like
    Gem Miner
    Phit droid
    Robo Defense
    Armored Strike
  15. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

it's by the same guy as Abduction! (also very fun)

also, Coloroid is great.
  16. eNons3nse

eNons3nse Well-Known Member

What I've Been Playing.

Armored Strike - Like Worms. Choose weapon, adjust shot angle & velocity, Hope it hits someone, Next turn adjust. It's a good system that's been working for a long time.

Cestos - Still play this one a ton. Billiards physics in a multi-player online combat game. I like the Sumo stage the best.

Parallel Kingdom - A MMORPG like world of warcraft. Is GPS based and played over the top of google maps, though there are ways to explore without actually going somewhere, so you can still play this if you're a shut-in. I actually had to stop playing because I was spending way too much time on it and my girl didn't appreciate it.

Space Physics - Super awesome puzzle game. You're given a stage and you have to move a ball to touch a goal. You draw lines and objects as well as a few specialized tools like a piviot point and car to direct your ball there.

What The Doodle - Like Pictionary/Win Loose Or Draw. Played online.

The Plateau - Puzzle Game. Simple concept yet can get very complicated. Given a series of nodes connected to each other by lines. Move the nodes to untangle the lines so none are overlapping. Bonuses for tapping nodes that light up. Great game. I've been playing this one the most.
  17. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

air hockey game is sweet! just thought i'd toss that out there :)
  18. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

Shot, shot 2 and 3
  19. nate94gt

nate94gt Active Member

only game i really play now is baseball superstars 2009. it has replay value.
  20. hard2say

hard2say Active Member

Sent you a PM. :)
  21. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Snesoid set on fullscreen rocks, playing some awesome old games
  22. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

Love it
  23. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

24. rondo777

rondo777 Well-Known Member

25. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

Nobody mentioned Light Racer 3D, Hyperspace, or Droid Breakout?? Don't sleep on these great games! They're all paid apps but you get Quality. All 3 are must have games.

And they look and work fantastic on the Droid!