Best GN2 Screen ProtectorTips

Last Updated:

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Talking about the screen protector and phone, right? ;)

Advertisement
  2. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

LoL yes x
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I am discovering I do NOT like the SGP ultra clear protectors. I am constantly cleaning the screen. That gets old pretty quick. As a matter of fact, I'm cleaning the screen more than I did w/Out the protector.
  4. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Finally had a chance today to put the ultra crystal on and it looks very clear and functions perfectly as I expected with my past experience with these protectors. Used my steamy shower method and managed to avoid any dust and got it on with the first try. Because they make you start at the top with no edge to orient yourself I had to lift once to reset because it was coming in uneven at the bottom home button cutout. Resetting isn't an issue with the steam method since dust isn't a concern. Overall I'm not crazy about seeing the edge of the protector but since I'm getting the seidio surface case tomorrow the edge of the case should mitigate that somewhat. Chances are I'll take it off as soon as I get the defender but for now it should be pretty protected.
    Elantric likes this.
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I didn't start at the top. I went bottom up placing it on the screen first without peeling just to see where I needed to position it at. Went on perfect in one try.
  6. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Oh so you peeled off the backing first and then put it on? I did it like the instructions showed where you peel off a bit from the top tab and position from the top and peel down.
  7. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

No. I said I placed it on the screen without peeling to see where I needed to start.
  8. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

No I get that part. Did you peel the backing off from the bottom when you started to adhere?
  9. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I've done this numerous time before. The tabs they provide are not always in the most strategic locations (usually generic location for all handsets), so I tend to analyze the install first and then create my own tabs with a piece of scotch tape. It helps you carefully peel the backing without getting it dirty or knicking the material from a finger or fingernail.
  10. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Smart! I should have done that with this install. Just as a followup though, I'm ready to rip this thing off! I can't stand my finger catching the edge of the protector when I swipe the screen from the edges. Don't like it one bit. I'll see how it feels when I put the seidio surface case on tomorrow.
  11. XstitchCowgirl

XstitchCowgirl Well-Known Member

The Oloephobic should help in this regard? Correct?
  12. angryphoton

angryphoton Active Member

Any opinions on the Bodyguardz protector??

Also anyone here have a protector applied that is edge to edge? How does it hold up?
  13. drexappeal

That's what I was told, which is why I opted for that one this time (as supposed to the Ultra Crystal, which I've purchased for a few past devices already).
  14. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Did you find yourself cleaning the screen a lot when you used the ultra crystal?
  15. drexappeal

Actually, my experience was the opposite of going pure glass. And the one thing I found most comforting is that I didn't feel the need to use a small microfiber cloth (e.g. sunglass cloth) to wipe the screen down. I could use kleenex and it would get the job done just as well.
  16. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

We need glasT
  17. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Get on my level! Haha
  18. DinoV

DinoV Active Member

Are u finding the screen protectors scratch easily with the s pen? i know the samsung ones do.
  19. sx4dude2013

Are you asking me? I'm at work so I won't be able to install mine until tonight. I'll post pics when its done. And I don't use the s-pen. Lol
  20. DinoV

DinoV Active Member

Yes, and anyone else that has tried a screen protector and found it doesn't scratch easy with the s pen.
  21. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

My protector doesn't get scratched or anything like that. I just don't like mine because I'm constantly cleaning it. Going to give SGP a ringy dingy tomorrow.

[​IMG]
  22. raiderleaf

raiderleaf Well-Known Member

I purchased the Oleophobic, I'll let people know what I think of it when I get my damn Verizon GN2!
  23. sx4dude2013

Installed the Oleophobic! Love it! Best protector us ever used! Very very happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  24. solongiphone

solongiphone Member

Just put on my spigen ultra otics on my note 2 and i love it. It reduced the clarity just ever so slightly but its still very VERY clear. Makes a very quiet high pitched noise when you move your finger along the screen quickly. I like the matte finish personally.
    PyroSporker likes this.
  25. XstitchCowgirl

XstitchCowgirl Well-Known Member

Is it clear? Diminish screen clarity?