Best Google Reader app?

1. lehung

lehung New Member

I tried a lot of apps for Google Reader and my favorite is definitely gReader.
    gReader sync all your feeds in Google Reader very fast for offline reading. It also has a super UI. I can only recommend.

What is ur favorite?

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I like NewsRob. I didn't like the official Google one.
  3. WilDip

WilDip Member

RssDemon. Check it out. It's hawtttt!!
  4. lehung

lehung New Member

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

I actually prefer to just go to the google reader website on my phone's browser. The site has a far better layout then their official app. I honestly think their website beats all the current apps.
  6. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member

Do any of these push notifications of new posts? I follow a couple of blogs, as well as a podcast, with Google Reader. But, the Google Reader app doesn't push notification to me that there are new posts; I have to manually check them.
  7. j1232

j1232 Well-Known Member

I really like the NEW Google Reader App. . they just updated it last week! Its pretty basic but it works.
  8. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

9. ralber

ralber Member

Has anybody heard of an RSS reader or even an ebook reader for Android that allows you to scroll the text by tilting the device? I've gotten used to reading my RSS feeds on my desktop by having the text slowly and smoothly scroll up the screen. I'd like to do that on my Nexus phone and the tilt sensor in the phone should be a great way to control the speed of the scroll, but I've found no app yet that's implemented this capability.
  10. exmeaguy

exmeaguy Active Member

I use Feedr and it works well.
  11. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

Another vote for greader and its awesome inline instapaper Browser
  12. Mrcapo

Mrcapo Member

+1 greader. Was my first reader app then I tried a few out to see if I was missing something better but I always go back to it. Just seems alot faster than others
  13. DevinB

DevinB Active Member

I agree 100%.
  14. allambition

allambition Well-Known Member

I tried NewsRob but it only downloaded the latest 50 items - is that the limitation it has or can you change it? What about gReader - does it have any limitations like this? I'd like to read stuff offline - so as to not waste precious 3g data if I don't have wifi (like in crappy airports or in the middle of nowhere type places).
  15. KenG10

KenG10 Well-Known Member

I believe NewsRob comes with it defaulted to showing only the latest 50 articles. You can easily change that in the settings though. gReader came defaulted to showing the last 1,000. Both apps have the option to only initiate a sync while on wifi so you dont waste 3G data.

NewsRob seems to default to actually downloading the entire article. gReader seems to just cache the summary and a small thumbnail. You need to go into the article and choose to download it in order to save for later.

I bought gReader Pro for the "Dark" theme and to support Noin Nion
  16. drewcam888

drewcam888 Well-Known Member

I think it is to risky to give out my gmail info to any non official app that is why I use the official google reader app