Best governor for performance and battery life?

Last Updated: 2012-10-05 12:58:17
  1. Lanman1978

Lanman1978 Well-Known Member

Currently I am using the latest Anthrax kernel with the xondemand governor. Performance and battery life seem pretty good so far. So is there a better governor that I should be using for performance and battery life? Maybe I should just set it to performance. ;)

Advertisement
  2. crafty35a

crafty35a Well-Known Member

I like xondemand, personally. Don't use performance unless you want to maximize a benchmark result -- it will peg the processor at the max frequency.
  3. Lanman1978

I know that that the performance governor maxes out the cpu. With xondemand it the seems that the cpu stays at the min frequency and only goes up when needed.
  4. notebooko

notebooko Well-Known Member

Intellidemand
  5. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

I like snartass v2 but you should stick to xondemand due to performance. I like it better.
  6. Lanman1978

I use xondemand for my Evo and ondemand for my Galaxy Tab and am having great results. The cpu frequencies seem to stay pretty steady with these governors.

7. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah I don't have to worry about lag or anything even underclocked to 800mhz. but I normally leave it on smartass v2 since it's mostly conservative and can give me better performance if I'm playing a game :)
  8. Spritey

Spritey Well-Known Member

I liked SmartassV2, but for some reason it always ends up running only at the max frequency after awhile. I've been using interactive and intellidemand