best headphones with mic

Last Updated:

1. Hello everyone!
    I'm looking for really good headphones with at least a mic for my android device. I would love it if the monster turbine was compatible with android, but alas, it's only for iphones. At the very least I would get the klipsch, but they are also only compatible with apple (I don't want to get the s4a, they're a year old and klipsch is already coming out with s5).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. anyone?
  3. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

I use Skullcandy Mic'd (Ink'd w. a mic) and I love them.

One button controls Answer/End, play, pause, next, back, no volume control though.
    bluebayou and GeneralJabroni like this.
  4. thanks for your answer!! but i'm looking for something more high-end
  5. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

You're asking for the "best" headphones with a mic?

Get the Shure SE535s, and then get the mic headphone cables. It will set you back $400-500, but you're asking for the best :)

Shure Americas | SE535 Sound Isolating
    bluebayou, tube517 and GeneralJabroni like this.
  6. hey, awesome suggestion! haha those ARE pretty pricy, but I'm looking at the se315's and the reviews on amazon are pretty reassuring. do you own any shure headphones? got anything to say about them?
    i've never heard of this brand before but they look pretty awesome, especially the fact that if the cable gets damaged i don't have to buy a new pair, i just get a new cable.
    thanks alot!
  7. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

I own both the earphones and the mic addon cable that I've linked to ;)

They sound amazing, and Shure is a well known brand in the microphone and earphone space. The lower line models are quite good too, and I use the 215s for running.
  8. antoqq

antoqq New Member

Sennheiser headphones best
    Russ71 likes this.
  9. sudden22

sudden22 Member

I bought it to listen to my iPod. It looks great. It can last a long time . The sound quality is good and you can play anything with it that has a jack, item as described. This headphone for iPhone 3G&3GS iPod Nano 4th Gen Touch 2nd & 3rd Gen Classic 120GB 3.5mm Jack MIPXMH01 is ideal. Very, very cheap, small and portable. I like it very much.
  10. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I use a Samsung HS 3000 Bluetooth adapter that allows me to turn any headphones into a wireless headset. Gives you many more options because you're not limiting yourself to built in mics. Also has media transport buttons that work quite well under Android. I have 6 headsets ranging from Sennheiser to Pioneer to Shure, and they all sound great through this adapter.
  11. Droid916

Droid916 Well-Known Member

I grabbed a pair of Skullz with mic at TJ Maxx for 9.99.
    They sound great....and no distortion when fully cranked

I know they aren't high end....but for the price, they are great for a spare
  12. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Skullz are pretty solid. They aren't high end but my rooted devices with Beats installed make the skullz sound really good. I'm too cheap to shell out big bucks for earphones/headphones. The mic is good too and I'm pretty rough on them.
  13. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

i favor bose over any other brand when it comes to sound, can't vouch for these specifically, but bose has never steered me wrong.

Bose MIE2
  14. montu8181

montu8181 New Member

dr beats try it.......
  15. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

Sms by 50 are good. The street version is wired and the sync is wireless but also comes with a wire with in line mic.
    Great heat phone and can personally recommend (although I don't use the mic)
  16. chrisinc2

chrisinc2 New Member

they do not work with the phone I even had the mic on ear ones, they just would not work hope that helps
  17. bhagu

bhagu New Member

Hi All,

below are my findings of in ear headphones. in these which one is best for lg nexus 4.

brainwavz m5
    Id america spark
    meelectronics cc51p
    klipsch image s4a 11
    sony MH1C
    SONY XBA-1IP

requirements are:-
    1)in ear type
    2)good bass and clarity
    3)with in max $45
    4)it should have in built mic for calling and volume control(optional).

please help me asap
  18. BahnStormer

BahnStormer New Member

HAving used some of the mid-lower end Shure's, I was very happy with my BOSE MIE2's... only a mic though, no controls, but worked fine with my androids + balckberry.
  19. bhagu

bhagu New Member

but shure is too costly know???
    please select from my choices.
    mic is enough
  20. bluebayou

bluebayou Well-Known Member

I like my urbanears plattan headphones...but most people would probably not go for that semi-flashy style over on these forums haha
  21. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

22. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

+1 for Sennheiser. They're the same quality, if not higher quality, as Bose/Monster/Beats/SOUL without the price tag those brands bring.