2. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

budget?

3. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

100 bucks max

4. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

I like Skullcandy earphones, personally. Right now, I have their 11mm Full Metal Jacket earphones in chrome. They have all around good sound and the metal housing is a nice feature. The earphones also include a mute button and a microphone which both work with nicely with the Droid. I bought them for around $55 in the airport, but it looks like Amazon is selling them for just over $40 (see above attached link)!

5. tachnician199

tachnician199 Member

I like the Sony MDR-EX51LP. Got my girlfriend a pair too and she also likes them. Were a good deal at $30. This was a couple years ago, hope they still make them.

6. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

I suggest some UE's. you can find some really good ones for $100 bucks, I bought some metroFi-170 for $50 at best buy but BB always over charges there stuff

7. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

second ultimate ears...they have regular headphones or ones that have a mic for taking calls...70ish...metrofi! noise cancelling and great bass response.

8. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

9. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Member

Klipsch S4I would be my personal favorite.

10. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

11. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

12. blackops

blackops Well-Known Member

I use a pair of JBUDS J3Micro's. They provide good bass and good sound for a pretty good price, and before that i used Koss.

13. ninjoblio

ninjoblio Member

I was looking for some general use headphones 4-5 months ago and ended up being really impressed with how the Sony MDR-EX300

14. Dem1K

Dem1K Active Member

Etymotic ER-6i over here... they're in ear isolators and they're awesome!

15. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

My main earbuds are the V-Moda Vibes but apparently the newer revisions (I got them when they first came out) sound like crap. I would recommend against certain brands: Bose, cause their stuff is good, but far too expensive. If you're willing to spend a lot of money, they'll sound good, but you can get far better at cheaper prices; Skullcandy. After hearing a few of their models, you'll realize they're basically $5 headphones with a paint job that apparently cost about $50. It's also next-to-impossible to find a retailer that will let you listen to Skullcandies without buying the item (I guess they all know it sounds like crap?); Monster. Basically, the Beats by Dre are several hundreds of dollars worth of overpowered bass response and wispy higher ends. I can't speak for the earbud version of the Beats, but my expectations are not high.

Now that I'm done talking about sub-par headphones, Dem1K is correct. Etymotic makes very good earbuds, as does Ultimate Ears (suggested a few posts up by a few members). Read this topic for more information.

Finally, and this is the most important aspect of buying headphones; either buy from a place with a full-refund return policy, or go to a local store like J&R and sample headphones. I only buy from J&R because of their open sampling area and the return policy; you don't know how many different headphones I went through before I found myself satisfied with the SR-80i. People might be able to make recommendations, but your ears are not like anyone else's; you have to determine what sound you like for yourself.