best home replacement

Last Updated:

1. lazyykid

lazyykid Member This Topic's Starter

Im currently running kaosfroyo v38. Is there any other launcher program available thats better and faster

Advertisement
  2. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Kaosfroyo is a ROM, it is not a launcher. It comes with ADW launcher pre-installed, but you can replace this with another launcher of your choosing. I use LauncherPro. There is a zip file you can flash to get rid of ADW if you wish once you have another home replacement installed.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

There seems to be a new, popular launcher called Go. Go Launcher - Android app on AppBrain

It's gettung good reviews. I haven't tried it yet - I like LauncherPro Plus - but you may want to give it a spin.

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

For giggles I just tried the Go launcher (for about 10 minutes). It has some nice features, but they lost me at the apps list. When you press the button to show all the apps on your phone it does, however the apps are not alpha sorted nor is there a way (that I could find) to change the sort. No matter how many nice features it has, *I* am not willing to deal with that screen in what appears to be a random sort (if 'random sort' isn't too much of an oxymoron). It's currently on version 1, perhaps I'll take another look when their version numbers get a little higher. For now I'd flag this one as 'has promise', but I don't think it's ready for prime time just yet.

5. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

Yeah didn't like the apps list being organized by use or however it did it or being tied to 3 screens. A lot of it seemed very much like Launcher Pro.

Personally I love the customization of LP Plus. Between being able to resize widgets, rename, hide names, change the 4x4 screen grid, (multiple) scrolling dock, swipe gestures... the list goes on, and it all runs smooth.

6. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

Resizing picture frames in LP Pro is the killer feature for me. Also, LP is so much more smooth than ADW in every ROM I've tried.

7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

For those who, like me, wouldn't use the Go Launcher because it didn't alpha sort the apps, that has been fixed. I'm going to give it a spin now to see how it works. It has the dock at the bottom of the screen that I like from Launcher Pro, and a couple of options that LP doesn't. I don't believe you can resize widgets on Go like you can on LP, but that's a function of LP that I never used - so I won't miss it.