1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Best ICS ROM.

Last Updated:

1. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

I am currently running bracketslashes CM9 Kang and LOVE it. Camera works great (no clipping or preview problems), mms works (after fix posted in OP), netflix and youtube work. The only thing that supposedly doesn't work is the camcorder, which I can live without for now.

I tried the Codename Android version and it runs pretty slick too, but no Netflix or Gif display. Otherwise no problems I could find with it. The tweaks on it are the sickest available. More than aeros (which I haven't tried in a while). I just can't live without video and gifs.

My vote goes to the former. Tough call though.

Anybody else around here been trying the latest ICS roms?

Advertisement
    StreakTheQuad likes this.
  2. TheAtheistReverend

Newt's work is usually pretty good. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with.

What I'm really hoping for is HTC/VZ to release the official update so

I CAN HAZ REAL EYE SKEEM SAMMICH!!!

hehe...

I really want the tweaks from codename in a fully functional rom.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  3. jakob95

jakob95 Well-Known Member

4. TheAtheistReverend

I'm not an expert by any means, but I can only assume a fully functional ROM is what it will get us. Right now all the ROMs have their issues. I will jump on a stock ICS rom in a heartbeat.

I have not tried the second one, but the first is a nice solid ICS rom.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. Nucco

Nucco Well-Known Member

I'm running Android Open Kang ICS Buld 32 (basically, just another build of what you have linked there) and it seems to be running pretty solid. Not sure if it could be a daily driver, but since I'm just using my DInc 2 as a media player now, it seems to do pretty well. ICS runs very slick on the DInc 2, I was impressed.

Most people that are running ICS on their DInc 2s are running one of those you have linked, and both seem to run well enough.
    eitucatsuj and Rxpert83 like this.
  6. TheAtheistReverend

Are there any ICS ROMs with a working stock camera flash?
  7. zarem

zarem Well-Known Member

None that I have seen. BUT there are a few ways to get around it.
    1. download angel camera off the market for some reason the flash works with that app.

2. turn on torch before going into the camera app.
    TheAtheistReverend and Rxpert83 like this.
  8. twister8008

twister8008 Well-Known Member

Good stuff here!
  9. pygmysquasher

pygmysquasher New Member

10. TheAtheistReverend

11. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

HawkSense has a new release. Hawk thinks he got all the big stuff working.
  12. TheAtheistReverend

Have you tried it? And where is it?

EDIT: Found it. Haven't been over there in a while.

EDIT 2:
    He just dunked his phone. Hopefully it didn't drown. That might be the end of that rom if so.
  13. dinc ii

dinc ii Member

I'm using Aero's CM9. My only gripe is obviously the camera flash but 1. I'm not sure there is an ICS ROM with a working camera flash, 2. You can get around this using Torch as stated above, and 3. Honestly, from my experiences, the picture quality isn't the greatest with flash anyway.
  14. bberryhill0

I've been running HawkSense for a while. It mostly works. Enough so I haven't switched back to Andybonestock.

HawkSense:
    http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?t=12492

His phone is back and he has replacements coming.
  15. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

This ROM has been running great for me since the Beta 5 update. Very fast and smooth.
  16. TheAtheistReverend

Giving Nitsuj's UKB a try. Liking it so far, but I'll give it a day or two.
  17. twister8008

Does hawksense require a Gapps package? Also, how do you know which package to install? I was thinking about trying a couple of the ics roms to see if I like them, but I wanted to have gapps on hand if I needed it. Thanks!
  18. valorian

No, HawkSense does not require a qapps package. Just install the Beta 5 file. There are still a few bugs but Hawk if working hard on it making big improvements with each Beta release.

One thing to point out about this ROM. If you are going to use the Sense Camera you have to have the flash on for it to work properly.
  19. TheAtheistReverend

eitucatsuj and bberryhill0 like this.
  20. valorian

Hawk should be adding tweaks soon. He's been working on them the last couple days.
  21. bberryhill0

22. twister8008

Bberry, have you tried it? I downloaded the first one, and it wasn't really my cup of tea. It was slower on quadrant than my cyanogenmod 7.2.
  23. bberryhill0

I've been running HawkSense since beta 5. Sense ROMs will always run lower Quadrants than CM but that's not what I use my phone for.