• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Instant Messenger?!

If trillian really is like it was on computer, then I'll gladly buy it. I used to use it on computer for years although I switched back to normal msn since it didn't have all the features of msn then, but it certainly is good. If it supports skype and fb perfectly, even better.

@badapple - I went through a similar search as you. I was looking for an IM app that supported skype, msn and aim. I tried everything...finally landed on imo.im. been happy so far. It doesn't support skype calls, but I only use the im feature so it was fine by me.

I'll check it out :).

EDIT: imo.im seems to be working really well on all of them, although I still kinda like the way how ebuddy looked and worked. Imo.im is still probably going to be the IM client I'm going to use since it supports all of the clients I need without any problems. Small minus to grammar mistakes. Thanks SpicyTacoto :).

Upvote 0
EDIT: imo.im seems to be working really well on all of them, although I still kinda like the way how ebuddy looked and worked. Imo.im is still probably going to be the IM client I'm going to use since it supports all of the clients I need without any problems. Small minus to grammar mistakes. Thanks SpicyTacoto :).

Most welcome! :)

Upvote 0
I have tried a few messengers and have so far found the imo.im messenger my favourite. I have had some non sent messages but I think that might just be my internet reception playing havoc with my phone.

I like this for 3 reasons... 1. It is always on and I get notifications promptly when I receive a message. 2. I can see if a person is typing a message which is important to me. :D 3. You can send pics or vids or even audio...

It hasnt failed me yet. And the 2 times my message wasnt sent, the person on the other side got a message saying it wasnt sent so I just resent it. I jus long pressed on the chat and copied and pasted it into the chat window and so it wasnt a pain to resend the message. I'm not sure if this is an option for other messengers because ive tried a few and I couldnt copy and paste on them? And this is a must have feature for me jus incase i wanted to highlight something someone said and needed them to clarify it.

Go sms pro is a must have sms app for me. I used Handsent aswell but go just seemed nicer so i uninstalled Handsent and stuck with Go. And if you have the Go launcher you can have the widget on one of your homescreens and this allows you to scroll through and read your messagers as well as reply to them from the homescreen. Very nice. :)

Upvote 0
I have tried a few messengers and have so far found the imo.im messenger my favourite. I have had some non sent messages but I think that might just be my internet reception playing havoc with my phone.

I like this for 3 reasons... 1. It is always on and I get notifications promptly when I receive a message. 2. I can see if a person is typing a message which is important to me. :D 3. You can send pics or vids or even audio...

It hasnt failed me yet. And the 2 times my message wasnt sent, the person on the other side got a message saying it wasnt sent so I just resent it. I jus long pressed on the chat and copied and pasted it into the chat window and so it wasnt a pain to resend the message. I'm not sure if this is an option for other messengers because ive tried a few and I couldnt copy and paste on them? And this is a must have feature for me jus incase i wanted to highlight something someone said and needed them to clarify it.

Go sms pro is a must have sms app for me. I used Handsent aswell but go just seemed nicer so i uninstalled Handsent and stuck with Go. And if you have the Go launcher you can have the widget on one of your homescreens and this allows you to scroll through and read your messagers as well as reply to them from the homescreen. Very nice. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones