1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Best internet boosters?

1. coldmonkey

coldmonkey Member

hey all

i was wondering about the best internet booster for android phones
    atm im using the one called internet speedup booster 2( http://bit.ly/U2BKGH ), it looks the best from what i saw on the market and it seems to work - theres even a graph on how much it improves ur connection, i can watch streams in hd now

edit: ah yes, i forgot to say but there are some ads in it, some ight dont like it

i also thinked about a booster for the telephone but my isnt working that slow so i didnt look for any yet

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

No app can "boost" your signal - it's simply impossible. These so-called "boosters" are all bogus and may cause problems more serious than annoying ads. Uninstall it.
  3. coldmonkey

coldmonkey Member

hmm, u sure about this? there are so many of them on the market o_O

edit: yeah i found something in the description of that app
    at least theyre fair
  4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Absolutely 100% iron-clad positively sure. It is *impossible* for any app to boost a signal. Uninstall the bogus crap.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Snake oil.
  6. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

There is a way to legitimately boost browsing speed by using server side compression. Opera Turbo does this. Their server acts as a proxy and talks to your browser in a compressed stream. I've tested it on the desktop and it does make a difference on slow connections. Since the data is compressed it also reduces your usage.

Disclaimer: I have not yet tried it on Android (I'm still waiting for mine). But if anyone wants to test it I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in the results.
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

That's just page rendering speed. Doesn't change your internet speed at all. The OP talked about watching HD streams. Opera Turbo does not affect that. It only works for static web pages. It also does nothing for your download speeds.
  8. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

If you read its Overview, you’ll notice the last line:

Disclaimer: This application is placebo. It is meant to be used as a joke.

Oops, missed that that was already said, sorry. But probably worth repeating...