Best Kernel to run with Virtuous Rom?

1. bravesfan171

bravesfan171 Well-Known Member

I just installed the Virtuous 2.6 ROM and tried to install King BFS Kernel 4 but it put my phone in a reboot loop. What kernel should I use with this ROM?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jdkoreclipse

jdkoreclipse Well-Known Member

Whatever works...there is no definate answer to that, but i know for a fact that the virtuous kernel works
  3. rayporsche

rayporsche Well-Known Member

That's kind of strange, I've tried the Hydra Kernels and they work flawlessly, currently running Kings #4 and it's just great, no reboots whatsoever, very stable and fast, the only time I encountered issues was while browsing the web, then again the setup was to run at 1190 Mhz, now slowed down to 1152 and is pretty much perfect so far......check and recheck your procedures, the first reboot can be looooooong.....
  4. rayporsche

Oh.....and yes I'm running Virtuous 2.6, S-OFF, 92 HBoot, 2.15.00.07.28 now with the 2.6.32. 15-king-havs-Oc-Uv Kernel....
  5. jdkoreclipse

every phone is different...mine can handle higher clockspeeds no prob, but it tends to be a bit slow running
  6. rayporsche

Totally agree of course !
  7. rayporsche

'Jdkoreclipse': As a matter of fact I was running your RC3 with the Hydra, very smooth and stable, I do like your work !
  8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

you can use any kernel that says it's compatible with sense roms, make sure you are flashing them correctly, I believe there is no need to wipe data, or dalvik cache (at least I never have, and have flashed basically ever kernel and have never had an issue). I'm currently using King Klicks BFS#4 kernel without a single glitch and GREAT battery life.
  9. bravesfan171

What should I do differently to install the BFS 4? I really want it!
  10. jdkoreclipse

your phone may not be able to handle it....try king cfs3 or bfs3
  11. bravesfan171

I got BFS 4 to work. Had to get rid of SetCPU. Thank you all!
  12. jdkoreclipse

Thanks
  13. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

can anyone compare battery life/performance between bfs and the virtuous non-stock kernel?
  14. yoda715

yoda715 Member

Can someone explain the primary differences between the cfs and bfs kernels for king? Is BFS for speed and CFS for battery life?
  15. jdkoreclipse

check his forum...it has some info there....if you want a more general overview, bfs performs better because it channels volts differently
  16. metalmenance

metalmenance Well-Known Member

What it says in my signature below works great for me
    no force close not even once and runs smooth,stable and fast for me
    great rom/kernal combo on my device with great battery life
    sat worked 8 hrs made couple calls, bunch of texts, checking time alot and even youtube for few and at end of shift i was at 78percent
  17. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member

The Virtuous custom kernal was stable for me for a while, but I like overclocking, so I went to BFS 4. It's been absolutely flawless for me, and battery life is improved with a 'Screen off' profile set to powersave at around 380.
  18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I used 2 bfs kernels the stock htc and adrynalynes custom kernel. Overall the custom kernel won me over with superior battery life with setcpu and great performance. I don't OC my phone :cool:

I'm actually trying out the custom kernel on uncommon sense ROM.
  19. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah my phone runs 1.113 perfectly , 1.15 and it actually is really sluggish or just reboots. 1.19 instant lock up
  20. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member

I always wipe Dalvik cache before installing new kernel.

That's recommended on King Klick's page.

I'm liking the Interactive governor in the BFS #4 Kernel, it's snappy.
  21. rmk

rmk Well-Known Member Developer

BFS and CFS are IO schedulers. They have absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with "channeling volts". Please stop spreading misinformation.
  22. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Well-Known Member

I'm using King's BFS #4. Did a Dalvik cache (under advanced) wipe before flashing as was recommended, and it works great for me with Virtuous 2.7. The only reason I flashed the custom kernel was that Angry Birds beta doesn't work with the stock kernel (look at the comments in the Market for a ton of 1-star reviews from folks who can't use it on their stock Incredibles and Evos), and my kids love that game.
  23. mkarps

mkarps Well-Known Member

Angry Birds is awesome! It did work on stock Virtuous kernal for me. I had to keep tapping the the screen while it was loading to get it to load up though. Im on Adrenalynes kernal now and I sometimes have to tap the screen still. My battery life is greatly improved though I am underclocking and using a screen off profile. I am using overclock widget instead of set cpu. I like that app so far. Anyone else use it over set cpu?
  24. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

Virtuous 2.7 + King's BFS#4. So far no problems with it. I'm getting slightly better battery life than with the Virtous custom kernal, but nothing substantial.
  25. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

If I buy rom manager and download BFS #4 can I use that on stock rooted 2.2?