Best keyboard alternative

Last Updated:

1. Thatdad

Thatdad Well-Known Member

What is the best keyboard alternative you have ever seen?

Mine is SwiftKey keyboard. I liked perfect keyboard and MultiLang keyboard.

Please share what is best for you or just overall favorite. :)

Advertisement
  2. boyo1991

boyo1991 Well-Known Member

I'm personally against non standard keys.. but the HTC one bugs me as far as the way it looks. I'd like to get the standard jellybean one but theyres no official release of it. Mind you, official releases not someone who made one to look like it :p

The layouts are nicer, doesn't bog down the system more, ect. Kind of how I became with launchers as well..
  3. Thatdad

I use smart Launcher pro. Much faster than stock. :D
  4. ebusinesstutor

ebusinesstutor Well-Known Member

I love the Swype keyboard. I can Swype faster than I can hand write. (I timed it)
  5. Thatdad

I'm horrible with swype. :p
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Fifu? :D
  7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Swype with Smart Keyboard Pro for macros. SwiftKey doesn't work for me.
  8. androidbazaar

androidbazaar Member

I advice you to use Google Keyboard also known as Nexus Keyboard.
    Animated preview, off-line voice print, suggesting the next word, word completion, 26 language support, improved keyboard layouts, automatic error correction are the features of this keyboard.
  9. Thatdad

I did before, but it didn't stick with me because the predictive text won out on SwiftKey.
  10. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I never timed how fast I can hand write before. I do have a typing speed app on my phone used a website that times my typing speed on my PC. I found that my typing speed on a PC is 66 wpm. On my phone, my speed with SwiftKey in landscape is 22 wpm. My speed with Swype in portrait is 17 wpm. I generally use SwiftKey in landscape unless I want to type one handed, in which case I use Swype in portrait.

I did try the Google Keyboard. It is about as good as Swype in portrait. I decided to go with Swype as I felt the text prediction was a little bit better.
  11. Thatdad

I've clocked in at around 125 wpm with an accuracy rate at about 85%

I'm not sure if that is good or not.

SwiftKey helps me type 3x as fast. :)
  12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Already tried it before. Prediction and swiping ia better on both Swype and Swiftkey, plus they support more languages.

If you would note, Swype is actually almost 6 years old, older than the first commercially available android phone I think. It originated from a Symbian project.
  13. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Is that 125 wpm on SwiftKey? That's very impressive. My times that I quoted were with no errors. I was really concentrating when doing the typing tests. When typing normally, I'm generally slower and more error prone.

The first time I used Swype was on a Nokia N97 running Symbian back in 2010. I didn't like it as I felt it wasn't very accurate at predicting what I want to type. Also, that phone had a resistive touch screen, so you had to apply some pressure before the screen registers your touch. Dragging gestures on a resistive touch screen wasn't very comfortable to use. There is increased friction as you had to apply pressure. That phone had a physical keyboard, so I used that instead of Swype.

When I tried Swype again, it was early this year on my Galaxy S3. It actually just came out of beta. Swype has improved greatly in its text prediction. Also, using Swype on a capcitive touch screen was so much better than on a resistive touch screen.
  14. Thatdad

Oh heck no Lol. I'm not sure how many words per minute I can type with SwiftKey.
    That was on the computer.