• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best keyboard app?

How does swiftkey work? I installed it and have it setup, but I can't even type the word 'The'. It keeps putting the word 'There' instead when I press space bar after 'The'

Also, if I type 'arw', my normal keyboard would auto-correct this with 'are', this keyboard just lets it be.

EDIT:

I'm good now...I didnt have the lanuage updated or whatever...does seem pretty nice.

Upvote 0
+1 for SwiftKey. It scans your text messages (if you allow it to) at first start up, and learns from there on. It suggests what you're likely to type, i.e.:

If I type out "Se" it suggests "We" and "See".
If I hit "See" it suggests "all", "you", and "article".
If I choose "you" it suggests "tomorrow", "soon", and "all".
If I hit "tomorrow" it suggests "at", <comma>, and <period>.

So the phrase "See you tomorrow." takes 6 presses. Pretty cool.

Upvote 0
+1 for SwiftKey! A few things I would love to change but hey, nothing's perfect.

I switch between that and Swype...Was LOVING Swype initially but I find now, picking up the gesture isn't as accurate anymore. Also, I can't STAND the word choose box. I've disabled it but it still comes up.

Upvote 0
I've used better Keyboard, touchpal, ultra keyboard, swiftkey, and swype.

Swype was the closest of the above pack and I got very used to it, but IMHO nothing comes close to Smart Keyboard Pro. I am not a fan of Apple but that is the closest that you can get to the iPhone keyboard.

I will type sentences upon sentences and no mistakes because it is amazing at fixing things on the fly.

I'm not the big fan of apps that aren't free, but for under $3.00 this app truly enhances the phone IMHO. Give the free 24 hour "Smart Keyboard Lite" a try and uninstall it if you don't like it... :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones