Best keyboard app?

Last Updated:

1. Trofn8er

Trofn8er Active Member

After my Swype went away I downloaded slideit ( free from the market ) and actually like it better then Swype.

Give it a try.

Advertisement
  2. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

I tried SlideIt and it didn't click for me. Maybe I'm too used to typing out things. Now I'm trying Smart Keyboard Pro, and it's larger spacebar is definitely what I'm going after.
  3. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member

I like better keyboard with the iphone-keypad skin when Im not using swype...Seems like the space bar is a little easier to hit on this than on the standard keyboard...For me when tying on the normal keyboard, I would wind up with a '.' between each of my words where I should have been hitting a space.
  4. ukyfan

ukyfan Member

I personally like SwiftKey. I used the beta for a while, and when it came out of beta I bought it. Right now they have it for about $1, but it will go up at the end of the month.
  5. MovingColors

MovingColors Well-Known Member

I just installed swype...it's not letting me swype! I can only type with the swype keyboard...it keeps saying my free trial has ended and I can't trace a path :/
  6. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member

How does swiftkey work? I installed it and have it setup, but I can't even type the word 'The'. It keeps putting the word 'There' instead when I press space bar after 'The'

Also, if I type 'arw', my normal keyboard would auto-correct this with 'are', this keyboard just lets it be.

EDIT:

I'm good now...I didnt have the lanuage updated or whatever...does seem pretty nice.
  7. Sulfur

Sulfur Well-Known Member

I use SlideIT.
  8. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

I just downloaded SlideIT Pro I must say this is awesome!!
  9. mark20044

mark20044 Member

+1 for SwiftKey. It scans your text messages (if you allow it to) at first start up, and learns from there on. It suggests what you're likely to type, i.e.:

If I type out "Se" it suggests "We" and "See".
    If I hit "See" it suggests "all", "you", and "article".
    If I choose "you" it suggests "tomorrow", "soon", and "all".
    If I hit "tomorrow" it suggests "at", <comma>, and <period>.

So the phrase "See you tomorrow." takes 6 presses. Pretty cool.
  10. macktns

macktns Well-Known Member

i hated swype, i really gave it a good shot... after 3 weeks of swype i was still typing slower than the default keyboard. Swiftkey is really awesome if you get used to auto accepting the predictions, they are usually correct and save a ton of time in the end.
  11. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member

12. Mr Howard

Mr Howard Member

I am using Smart Keyboard Pro (very responsive & suites my needs) -- never fell into the Swype crowd.
  13. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

14. Powers9040

Powers9040 Member

I had the same problem so I downloaded the demo for Slideit. Works great. I will be buying the pro version.
  15. jalann

jalann Well-Known Member

Slideit +1
    I do a lot of texting and emails. Perfect solution. Tried Demo only for a day before going to pay version
  16. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

+1 for SwiftKey! A few things I would love to change but hey, nothing's perfect.

I switch between that and Swype...Was LOVING Swype initially but I find now, picking up the gesture isn't as accurate anymore. Also, I can't STAND the word choose box. I've disabled it but it still comes up.
  17. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

I downloaded a free one called Big Keyboard or some such. Love it. Tried Better Keyboard and hated it.

Try all of the free ones first.

Bob
  18. Desert Fox

Desert Fox Member

I'm currently using Smart Keyboard made by Dexilog. It only costs $1.99 and the developers make frequent updates for bug fixes, new skins, etc. I had a problem with the T9 setting and my email was answered very promptly and the problem is now solved. Give them a try.
  19. SteveHebe

SteveHebe Member

Am I the only one with fat fingers on this board? :confused:

I am using Big Buttons and like it.
  20. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

i just went back to big buttons. it is much easier for me as well.
  21. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

1. Swype
    2. Swiftkey
    3. Better Keyboard

At least for me ;)
  22. sherlynn

sherlynn Active Member

I have Swype and Better Keyboard but I still almost always use my Qwerty keyboard, feel like I have better control.
  23. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I wonder if tasker could manage this task?
  24. ccrows

ccrows Well-Known Member

I've used better Keyboard, touchpal, ultra keyboard, swiftkey, and swype.

Swype was the closest of the above pack and I got very used to it, but IMHO nothing comes close to Smart Keyboard Pro. I am not a fan of Apple but that is the closest that you can get to the iPhone keyboard.

I will type sentences upon sentences and no mistakes because it is amazing at fixing things on the fly.

I'm not the big fan of apps that aren't free, but for under $3.00 this app truly enhances the phone IMHO. Give the free 24 hour "Smart Keyboard Lite" a try and uninstall it if you don't like it... :cool:
  25. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

What are developers thinking, expecting to get paid for their time and effort? :p