Best keyboard app?

Last Updated: 2011-10-11 18:14:16
  1. Beowulf1970

Beowulf1970 Member

+1 for SwiftKey for me too..

once it learns your words from SMS you're smiling. Especially if you use odd words like Auchtermuchty, Finzean or Kirkcudbright ;) hehe

Advertisement
  2. Catherinm

Catherinm New Member

Has anybody used 8pen? I watched video about this new way of writing and am a bit confused about this app. Is it convenient to type like this?
    Now I'm using DioPen ))
  3. chachmo78

chachmo78 New Member

I am a huge fan of SwiftKey. On forums it's quick but texting is lightning fast... it seems to know which friends I am texting.
  4. motoguy79

motoguy79 New Member

I was using swipe when I first got my Droid X last week and thought it was pretty cool. I downloaded the trial of swiftkey last night and I will be buying it. Very impressed by the way it works.
  5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I am using Smart Keyboard these days and rally love it.

have you seen this Thickbuttons Keyboard - very interesting concept
  6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

IMO there is nothing better then Smart Keyboard Pro.
  7. kagloekler

kagloekler New Member

does anyone know how to get swype? i cant find it in the market and their website said the beta trial period is over?? never used it but hear such great things about it
  8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Its just one of those things you have to find on your own if you know what I mean ;)
  9. venkat1204

venkat1204 Member

10. iTranscendence

iTranscendence New Member

Swype came stock on the Captivate.
  11. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

We are not allowed to post links to swype, but I heard some of the custom roms have it built in as an option.
  12. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

have you seen this Thickbuttons Keyboard - very interesting concept

I have tried TB, it is "ok" doesnt realy have thick buttons. it predicts what u are typing and makes those letters thick. predictions are way off. Also, you cant see what you are typing.
  13. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I'm diggin on Fab's Gingerbread KB. Its so... freakin.... sweet!!!!
  14. jacobydarkon

jacobydarkon Member

Swype. Haven't tried anything else and don't want too. I'm enjoying it. On a side note, if that is not what you are looking for, if you can find the Gingerbread keyboard, I think that is better then stock. Some major improvements were made. I really like it. It won't make me go back to just a regular keyboard, but nonetheless, a good keyboard.
  15. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

swype definitely
  16. Bcreekski

Bcreekski Member

Tried em all. Swiftkey wins!!
  17. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

18. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

http://beta.swype.com/
  19. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The reason I pick Swype is that I don't want my text predicted for me so much as I want a smooth, fluid way of entering text without having to hunt and peck using a single finger when texting / sending email. I haven't really tried anything else, but anything else that doesn't have some revolutionary way of entering text (besides the microphone, of course lol) just isn't going to be for me. Just read some of my posts on this forum and you'll understand why I don' go for hunt and peck unless I am on a full qwerty KB - they're long winded, and typing on a small device, and in particular in portrait mode, is simply a PITA, whereas Swype works perfectly fine. Also, I so don't like the DROIDs pull out KB that I never use it. Not even in terminal anymore since Terminal Emulator no has a way to toggle the softkeyboard....
  20. Zonjer

Zonjer Active Member

Based on opinions here, looks like Swype edges everything else. Gonna try this and will leave my feedback later.
  21. Bondad

Bondad Active Member

Just downloaded swype from the mirror site. THANKS. I've been wanting this since September! Seems to work great so far. Certainly faster than android stock kb.
  22. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

Swype came stock on the Optimus S too. By far my favorite keyboard so far.
  23. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

I've tried em all and I keep coming back to better keyboard. I like the larger key size. Fat fingers and stock kb don't mix. Swype is cool, but to me it was just something to show off. Not really practical.
  24. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Try 8pen and you'll revise that statement. :D
  25. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

does anyone use ultra keyboard? Its pretty slick. It has more options than any of the other keyboards I've tried and as far as i can tell it is the only keyboard that will auto correct when using the search button.