Best Keyboard App?

Last Updated: 2012-12-06 03:12:30
  1. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

What keyboards is everyone using?What's the best out there?pay or free.

I'm using Better Keyboard.Just curious ;)

Advertisement
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

"The best" is all personal preference. I personally prefer Swift Key. I think it has the best predictive typing of all the keyboards. I never could get to like Swype.
  3. Fireflies

Fireflies Well-Known Member

There's a new app coming out called "swiftkey flow" and it looks pretty good since the artificial A.I. guess what you want to type next and corrects your sloppy texting. Judging from their previous version, this one is very promising and definitely stands out from the rest. Check it out here: Introducing SwiftKey Flow - YouTube
  4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I prefer Thumb Keyboard. It has multiple keyboard layouts for you to choose from in both landscape and portrait mode. It is also the only one that allows me to turn off the auto-spacing.
  5. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I've tried many different keyboards but keep coming back to better keyboard 8.
  6. Regnum

Regnum Active Member

The best is AI, because you can adjust the height of your keyboard instantly. But for some reason, it sometimes slows down on my Note 2. So I stick to Multiling.
  7. mrryanthai

Thanks everyone,just curious to what people are using :)
  8. Parshooter

Parshooter Well-Known Member

I like Swift Key3. Tried the Swype one and couldn't get the hang of it.
  9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Using a jellybean keyboard from the play store.
  10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

SwiftKey here at the moment, although I do use Swype on occasion too.

I used to use Perfect Keyboard, only stopped because SwiftKey was cheap for a while and I wanted to give it a go.
  11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Meh, tried lots but I keep coming back to Swype.
  12. Luke2000

Luke2000 New Member

SwiftKey 3 for me, love it!!
  13. savethebees

savethebees Active Member

This looks super sick. Sounds like the combination of two great things. I am currently using SlideIT, and I love my Swyping but I prefer to type regularly on occasion... swyping can be more frustrating than just typing the word out if you are in a hurry. It would be nice to have both at the same time.
  14. mrryanthai

I'm using Adaptxt right now,so far enjoying it
  15. SicFreak

SicFreak The Message is SIC!

I personally use slide it keyboard. I love it for the fact that I can change between swype and non swype quickly. And I can change the auto spacing as well. Once you add words you use to the dictionary, swype really makes texting or email and forum use much much faster.
  16. Matthew83

Matthew83 Well-Known Member

Yeah me too.
  17. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Current installed keyboards:

Stock 4.2 keyboard - Really like this one, love the real-time suggestions using swipe. Right now my primary keyboard.
    Thumb Keyboard 4 - Was my primary before I started using the one above. Very good as well.
    Samsung keyboard - Meh, stopped using after the first few days.
    Chinese Pinyin - For when I need to switch languages :p. Surprisingly Google included swipe gestures here that are not seen on the stock English keyboard (Ex: swipe up on T for capital, swipe down on T for the number 5). Very useful and would love to see this on the stock English keyboard.
  18. rimjay

rimjay Well-Known Member

Im using the new 4.2 jelly bean gesture keyboard (mix of swype and jb jeyboard) awesome
  19. savethebees

savethebees Active Member

Is that a stock keyboard with Jelly Bean or is it an app?

-- EDIT: I just re-read SoFLO's post above. I am assuming this is the same stock keyboard.
  20. wasim memon

wasim memon Active Member

i have used many app but ultra keyboard is perfect for me...
    it support smiles as well gesture and working properly
    try it.....
  21. tripleu

tripleu Active Member

I was using beansoft's jelly bean keyboard port, however it didn't have swipe capability, at least it didn't work on my phone...it was great except for that factor
  22. flyfishtaco

flyfishtaco Guest

SwiftKey 3 is amazing. It's as if the app the psychic. If you give it permission, it will analyze your past emails, Facebook posts, SMS messages, and Tweets to learn your writing patterns. The suggestions it offers are eerily accurate. I often start a message and can nearly complete it by using suggestions and just a few first first letters. The more you use it, the more accurate it becomes.

The keyboard seems infinitely customizable and has been more than accommodating to my sausage-like fingers.
  23. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

SwiftKey gets my vote for now...

I am looking forward to the stock keyboard in Android 4.2 though. The stock JB keyboard was already pretty good and with the addition of swipe typing (think Swype keyboard) I think the stock keyboard is going to be great.
  24. imbafuzz

imbafuzz New Member

I use Smart Keyboard. I think It is one of best keyboard apps around. Try it...
    You have to pay for full version, first you can use it as trail.
  25. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

Does *anybody* besides me use the Jbak keyboard? :)

The Jbak keyboard is highly configurable. My avatar below my username is a screenshot of the alphabet section of my keyboard. I can't type well using my finger on the standard Android keyboards - your finger covers up and hides the letter that you are trying to type - so too frequently I type the letter to the right of the letter that I want. Rather than struggling to aim more carefully at a key that is hidden by my finger I made a keyboard that always types the key to the *left* of the key that you touch. If you want an "A" you focus on the "A" key, *point* at the "A" key, end up touching the "E" key, and viola! you get an "A".

While I was at it I threw out the archaic and inefficient QWERTY key layout. made the keyboard *8* rows high, and put the most frequently used key -the spacebar- on the right side where it is easiest to reach. Then I put the most frequently used letters and frequently associated groups of letters above and/or to the left of the spacebar where they are easy to see and reach. The layout is very fast and efficient with much less jumping around the keyboard when you type. It didn't take long to learn the new key layout. And the next key you want is often very nearby.

Crazy huh?
    It works for me! :p