Best keyboard for performance?

Last Updated:

1. aladouce

aladouce Member This Topic's Starter

I like the stock multitouch keyboard but sometimes I feel like it lags behind my typing. I don't know if it's because the vibrate is so long (I have noticed it is shorter in 2.2).

I am trying the custom htc keyboards from gimpsta right now and I really like the fact that you can set the vibrate length. I like the skins capability but I am wondering what are some of the best keyboards out there in terms of performance? What keyboards are you using?

note: I have tried swype and it just isn't for me.

Advertisement
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Where can you get this HTC keyboard? Im interested since I don't like the lack of the haptic feedback since Froyo.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It vibrates, but just less so, right? Unless you don't have that feature anymore?

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Hey Steven,

If you were talking to me, yes it still vibrates, just less so like you said. I miss the way it was in 2.1 on the X.

5. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

www.gIMpSTa.com

Lets you create custom themed HTC keyboards. Best Keyboard in my opinion.

6. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

So far as I know, there isn't a keyboard that lets you set the vibration level on the haptic feedback. So since moto dialed it down system wide, I don't think you will be able to fix that. Having said that, I've used the HTC keyboard (even started a thread on how to theme one http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/170378-custom-themed-htc-keyboards.html )exclusively for a month now. Maybe its just me, but IMHO I can type faster on the stock board. I chalk it up to the layout. What I wish for is the stock android keyboard with htc's ability to long press for alt. characters. That, to me, would be a dream come true. Having said all that, I used to swear by swype. But I use so much abbreviation and shorthand, that swype just became a hassle.

8. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member

You can adjust the haptic feedback on Ultra Keyboard, hence my recommendation for using it.

9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

And I wasn't 100 % sure there wasn't a keyboard out there that did hence the cya. Statement" so far as I know" :)

10. NoShineMM

NoShineMM Well-Known Member

you can, and its an awesome keyboard. Does everything you can think of. Like i have it set so Swype is on the Portrait and multi in landscape. Can calibrate it to your fingers, use Better Keyboard themes as well. Its great.

11. aladouce

aladouce Member This Topic's Starter